On August 11, 2014, the American elected comedian and actor Robin Williams to end life. He turned 63 years old, and was later hailed by friends and colleagues.
Again put three children and a widow in mourning. He was married Susan Schneider (55) at the time, who three months after the death learned that her husband was suffering from dementia with Lewy bodies (LBD). This is a type of dementia that is similar to both Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease.
Williams was severely depressed in his last months, something the family has also chosen to be open about a number of times. His firstborn, Zachary “Zak” Pym (37), has dedicated much of his life to focusing on mental health issues.
He did the same this weekend, when he married his beloved Olivia June. In an interview with People tells the celebrity son that he and June gave each other their yes on Saturday, which was World Mental Health Day.
– Could not have chosen better
World Day has been celebrated around the world every October 10 since its inception almost 30 years ago. The purpose is to draw attention to mental health in general, even though each year has a specific theme.
This year the theme was “Ask more”, while previously it was about youth, transition phases and generosity. Williams deliberately chose the date.
“I have had the great pleasure of marrying my best friend today. It was really cool, and we could not have gotten married on a better day “, writes the newlywed celebrity son on Twitter – followed by the hashtag” #worldmentalhealthday “.
The wedding took place in Los Angeles, and was arranged in accordance with current infection control rules. To People, he says that it has been anything but easy to achieve during this period, and that they had to change some things to be able to get the date they had envisioned.
Zak Williams met his fiancée shortly after his father passed away. She must have been a good support for him during the difficult period.
– I went through a tough time in my life, and she was supportive of me when I needed someone. I am overjoyed that we now have a family, he says.
In May last year, the couple had their first child together, a little boy. He named them McLaurin “Mickey” Clement Williams, and named the son after the late comedian. His middle name was McLaurin.
The actor’s son has on several occasions commented on how the loss of his father was. In the 2018 documentary “Robin Williams: Come Inside My Mind”, Zak Williams is one of the voices that carry the story.
– My father did not always feel that he had succeeded. But he was the most successful person I know, said the son.
The comedian’s two other children have also chosen to be open about the difficult period. His most famous child, daughter Zelda (31), spoke openly in 2015 about how the last year had been for her.
– He was an incredibly kind and caring man. He was also very private and calm, she said in an interview with “The Today Show”.
After her father’s death, Zelda tattooed a hummingbird on her hand.
– I like hummingbirds. They are funny, fleeting and weird. It’s hard to keep them in one place, and Dad was a bit the same. Having a conversation with him could be difficult. It was a bit like trying to put a bag over a storm and hoping it would not fly away, she revealed.
The actress’ daughter also said that she does not ask questions about why her father chose to end his life.
– I do not think there is any point in doing so. It’s not important. I think a lot of people feel his absence. But for me, it’s going to take a lot of hard work before I can allow myself to live the fun and happy life I had before.
Robin Williams also left behind his son Cody (28).