Responding to the Resignation of Covid-19 Task Force Volunteers, Doni Monardo: I Didn’t Go Home for 8 Months

CLATENT, KOMPAS.com – Head of the National Disaster Management Agency (BNPB) Doni Monardo admitted that during the last eight months, starting from March to October 2020, he never returned home.

Since the corona virus broke out in Indonesia, Doni was appointed by President Joko Widodo (Jokowi) as Chairman of the National Covid-19 Task Force.

“I personally haven’t returned home in the last eight months. The first three months I really lived in the office did not come home at all. After that, I only came home on Saturday-Sunday,” said Doni in response to his resignation. Volunteer Covid-19 task force of Klaten, Central Java, Thursday (19/11/2020).

Also read: Disappointed with the Contribution of 20,000 Masks to Rizieq, a Number of Covid-19 Task Force Volunteers Resign

As the Covid-19 Task Force, continued Doni, sacrifice and patience are required in dealing with the corona virus pandemic in Indonesia.

“If there is a problem that occurs it should not be done emotionally,” he said.

In dealing with the Covid-19 pandemic, Doni emphasized that cooperation from all parties is needed.

“So volunteer thank you for working hard. If there are those who feel they are not willing to continue, we are unable to prohibit it, “said Doni.

“Because all of these volunteers work based on conscience. Work based on human values, and we work based on the principles of disaster management, namely non-discrimination,” he continued.

Also read: PMI Alerts 500 Volunteers to 9 Evacuation Posts of Mount Merapi

Previously, the Chairperson of the Covid-19 Handling Task Force’s Volunteer Coordination Division, Andre Rahadian, understood the feelings of a number of volunteers who were disappointed and resigned because of the crowd at an event held by the leader of the Islamic Defenders Front (FPI) Rizieq Shihab last week. sanitizer.

“We accept this as a form of aspiration for some volunteers. We accommodate these aspirations, “said Andre in a written statement, Thursday (19/11/2020).

This was conveyed by Andre in response to the action of a number of volunteers who declared their resignation on Thursday afternoon.

“But we believe in the hearts of the volunteers, they are still volunteers. Moreover, so far it has been proven that the work of volunteers has been able to help residents who are experiencing difficult times during the coronavirus outbreak,” said Andre.

Andre emphasized that to date there are 34,000 Covid-19 Task Force Volunteers throughout Indonesia.

According to Andre, so far volunteering with all members of the community is an important part of changing Covid-19 prevention behavior.

He appealed to all volunteers and community components to continue to work together to remind each other and increase discipline in implementing health protocols.

.

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on email
Email

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.