Recovering from Covid-19, DB, and Malaria, This Father Also Survived Cobra Bites

JODHPUR, KOMPAS.com – A charity worker from England who is recovering from Covid-19, dengue fever (DB), and malaria, also survived after being bitten Cobra in the state of Rajasthan, India.

The man named Ian Jones was bitten by a snake cobra in the rural district of Jodhpur, and is admitted to the city hospital of Jodhpur, about 350 kilometers from the capital city of Jaipur.

“Jones came last week after being bitten by a snake in a village there. Initially he was suspected of being positive for Covid-19 (for the second time) but it turned out negative,” said doctor Abhishek Tater who treated him at Medipulse Hospital, to AFP on Saturday (11/21/2020).

Also read: A Covid-19 Sufferer is Blind and Paralyzed after being Bitten by a Black Cobra Snake

“While with us, he was conscious and had symptoms snake bite including blurred vision and difficulty walking, but these are usually temporary symptoms, “adds Tater.

Jones was then discharged from the hospital earlier this week.

“We feel there will be no long-term effects. If it doesn’t get better, he will recover in a few days,” the doctor added.

Also read: Getting to know the Javan cobra that is often found in Jakarta settlements

It is also said that snake bites are not uncommon in the rural area.

“Father was a fighter, while in India he was suffering from malaria and dengue fever before Covid-19,” said his son, Seb Jones.

He wrote it in a statement on the GoFundMe page that opened up to pay his medical bills, and traveled back to the Island of Wight in southern England.

Also read: Wants to Watch Farm, 70-Year-Old Grandmother Raped and Killed in India

“He can’t go home because of the pandemic, and as a family, we understand his desire to continue to support the many people who need him,” continued Seb.

Jones works with traditional craftsmen in Rajasthan, and through her charity-supported social endeavors, they help import goods from the UK to help local people escape poverty.

Also read: Called Pain and Vomiting because of Exposure to a Chinese Laser Gun, This Is India’s Answer

.

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on email
Email

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.