Canadian rapper Tory Lanez has on Friday Twitter responded to the charges brought against him for the shooting of Megan Thee Stallion. He insists that “an indictment is not a conviction” and tells his fans that “the truth will be revealed”.
“Time will tell and the truth will come out. I have every confidence in God to show that. Love for all my fans and people who have remained loyal to me. An indictment is not a conviction. If you are me or Meg (Megan Thee Stallion, ed.) In this, I sincerely appreciate you, “said the rapper.
Lanez is charged with firing a semi-automatic firearm and carrying a loaded, unregistered firearm in a vehicle. The rapper is said to have shot singer Thee Stallion in the foot on July 12 after an argument. According to the charges, the rapper “caused serious bodily harm” to her.
Lanez was arrested immediately after the shooting, but then released on bail. The rapper stated in text messages that he was drunk at the time of the shooting and apologized. But in lyrics to songs on his album released last month, he denies the shooting.
He faces a prison sentence of up to 23 years.