In line There are some Korean cars that can work without repair quite a long time.
At the same time, automotive market experts believe that three KIA models over the past 10 years have turned out to be the worst.
We are talking about Rio, Sportage and Optima. These models have received significant criticism from both owners and experts, writes autosota.
The comments concerned a variety of aspects – from engine performance and interior quality to problems with the transmission and handling.
KIA Rio (2012−2017)
The KIA Rio is a subcompact car that received unfavorable reviews during its 2012–2017 production period. This model has faced criticism mainly because of:
– Engine performance and power: The 1.6-liter four-cylinder engine, which was the most common choice, lacked the power and refinement of competitors. With around 138 horsepower, the Rio struggled to match the performance levels of rival cars;
– Interior quality: Owners were dissatisfied with the quality of the interior, citing the extensive use of hard plastics which made the interior feel cheap. Additionally, the design of the dashboard and center console was considered outdated;
– Fuel Economy: Even though the Rio was a subcompact, its fuel efficiency wasn’t as impressive as some of its peers. On average it was about 8.4 liters per 100 km, which did not reach other models in its class.
KIA Sportage (2010−2015)
The KIA Sportage is a compact SUV that faced criticism during its 2010–2015 production years, with some common complaints:
– Transmission problems: Many owners have reported problems with the automatic transmission, including rough shifting and misfires. Some have had to replace the entire transmission, at significant expense;
– Build quality: The build quality of the interior received negative reviews, especially regarding rattling sounds and loose interior parts. This added to the overall driving experience;
Handling and ride comfort: The Sportage was criticized for its handling, which was described as lacking precision and feeling disconnected from the road. Ride comfort was also poor, especially on uneven surfaces.
KIA Optima (2011−2016)
The KIA Optima is a mid-size sedan that faced criticism during its 2011–2016 production years mainly due to:
– Steering Problems: Many owners have reported problems with the steering, including loss of power steering and alignment problems. These problems affected the overall handling and safety of the vehicle;
– Cabin Noise: The Optima has received complaints about excessive road and wind noise entering the cabin, affecting the overall driving experience;
– Rear seat space: Despite being a mid-size sedan, rear seat space was found to be inadequate, especially in terms of legroom, making it uncomfortable for tall passengers.
FACTS also wrote about cars produced in which countries are the most popular in Ukraine.
#reliable #Koreans #worst #KIA #models #years #named