JAKARTA, kilat.com- Most of us must have heard when the Estimated Birth Day (HPL) has passed and there are no signs of labor, pregnant It is recommended to do three things, namely walking, eating spicy food, and having sex.
Why sex can be a labor stimulant? Semen contains hormone-like substances called prostaglandins, which are used in synthetic form to induce labour. In addition, breast stimulation which is usually used as foreplay and can make orgasms is also thought to speed up labor because it triggers uterine contractions.
Based on those facts, quite a lot pregnant mother who hesitate to have sex during pregnancy for fear of premature contractions. However, some are forced to try this step in order to trigger labor. So that this understanding does not continue, it is necessary to clarify that this belief is wrong.
Researchers divided pregnant women into 2 groups, namely those who had sex twice a week and groups that did not have sex at all based on a 2014 study.
All of these pregnant women have entered the full term period (39-40 weeks), which means the baby is ready to be born. The final result is that the researchers did not find a statistically significant difference between the two groups that sex can increase the risk of spontaneous delivery.
After getting the green light to have sex until you reach orgasm, there is a fact about orgasm during pregnancy, even the climax sensation feels more intense than usual.
The sensation of orgasm in each trimester is different. Check out the following explanation:
1. First trimester: The body becomes more sensitive since positively pregnant. The breasts feel soft to the touch and the nipple area is “stunned” when stimulated. This is certainly beneficial for foreplay sessions because it helps the production of natural lubrication, so you can reach orgasm faster. But it can not be avoided if someone feels nauseous when reaching orgasm.
2. Second trimester: Besides generally nausea and vomiting is no longer felt, sexuality is more advantageous.
Orgasms feel more intense! This is because there is an increase in blood flow during pregnancy, especially to the vaginal area. As a result, the vagina will be more swollen than before, which means it becomes more sensitive.
Feel happier, calmer and more confident. Thanks to the release of the “love” hormone oxytocin which is more and more during orgasm.
Some may experience mild stomach cramps and tightness for a few moments after orgasm. Not to worry, this is very common and not a sign of labor. Take a break after the intimate session is over and start your activity when you feel better.
3. Third trimester: Entering the end of pregnancy, physical activity is already limited. It’s normal for pregnant women to find it harder to reach orgasm than usual. This is because the baby occupies so much space in the uterus that the muscles may not be able to fully contract until they reach climax.
Even so, it is not impossible for pregnant women to feel the sensation of an orgasm. Spend more time foreplay before penetrating. It can also reach a climax with non-penetrating methods, such as oral sex for Mums and hand jobs for husbands. Discuss this with your husband so that the intimate session can take place well.
The most important thing to remember is to avoid sex during pregnancy if you have the following conditions:
1. Pregnant women are pregnant with twins or a weak uterus (cervical incompetence) which makes the risk of premature labor, stillbirth (stillbirth), and miscarriages in the second trimester increased.
2. Having placental abnormalities, such as placenta previa (the placenta covers the birth canal), placenta accreta (the placenta attaches too deeply to the uterine wall, but does not penetrate the uterine muscle), and vasa praevia (a pregnancy complication characterized by the presence of blood vessels from the fetal umbilical cord) across the cervix).
3. When the membranes have ruptured because pregnant women are more at risk of infection. (ara/cen)