“Zbigniew Rau will make an emergency urgent visit to Kiev in the light of the threat to peace on the borders of Ukraine,” the message says.
At the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine notedthat during the visit, Rau and Ukrainian Foreign Minister Dmytro Kuleba will discuss the interaction of the two countries in the political, cultural, economic and security spheres.
The heads of the foreign ministries will pay special attention to the latest actions of the Russian Federation, in particular, the aggravation of the situation in Donbass and in the temporarily occupied Crimea, the buildup of Russian troops near the borders of Ukraine and the increase in the intensity of Russian propaganda.
Kuleba and Rau will also discuss issues of cooperation between the two countries within the framework of international organizations and regional formats, including Lublin Triangle, added to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine.
- In 2014, immediately after the annexation of Crimea, Russia launched an armed aggression in eastern Ukraine. The fighting is between the Ukrainian Armed Forces on the one hand and the Russian army and Russian-backed militants who control parts of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions on the other. Officially, the Russian Federation does not recognize its invasion of Ukraine, despite the facts and evidence presented by Ukraine.
- July 22, 2020 Trilateral Contact Group agreed on a full and comprehensive ceasefire in Donbass since midnight on July 27. Ukrainian side regularly reports violations by the fighters of the ceasefire regime.
- Recently, the situation in Donbass has worsened. In particular, on March 26, 2021, in the area of the village of Shumy, Donetsk region, illegal armed groups of Russia opened fire on Ukrainian positions. Four soldiers were killed, including a lieutenant colonel Sergey Koval, two more were injured. On March 30, the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU) Ruslan Khomchak clarified that the Ukrainian military died near Shumy by sniper fire.
- The Armed Forces of Ukraine reported that the Russian Federation builds up military presence near the border with Ukraine in the south, east and north: in the Bryansk, Voronezh regions, as well as in the occupied Crimea.
- On April 1, at the Office of the President, they said that since the beginning of 2021, the Russian occupation troops in the Donbass violated the ceasefire more than 570 times… On the same day, Ukrainian intelligence reported that Russia is ready to escalate the situation in Donbass.