Peru: Coronavirus Peru | Walter Martos: Minsa has presented a proposal for

The president of the Council of Ministers, Walter Martos, revealed last night that the Minister of Health, Pilar Mazzetti, has presented a proposal to apply a quarantine focused on Lima and some provinces, given the increase in the number of infections and deaths from the coronavirus (COVID -19).

In dialogue with RPP Noticias, he indicated that the issue will be analyzed in the Council of Ministers and a joint decision will be made with the President of the Republic, Martín Vizcarra, after evaluating various factors.

“Today (yesterday) the Minister of Health [Pilar Mazzetti] He has presented me with a proposal for certain restrictions, which I am not going to announce now and that we have to talk in the Council of Ministers and we have to make the decision with the President of the Republic ”he expressed.

He reiterated that at this time the greatest number of infections is happening in family gatherings and recalled that the first wave of contagion was from people who irresponsibly went out into the streets without protecting themselves and without maintaining social distance.

“Now many people think that it has returned to normal and the pandemic is over, and they are going to visit certain relatives and when they get home, they take off their masks and that is where the greatest number of infections are taking place. “, he said.

However, Martos considered that applying a quarantine focused on Lima to immobilize by districts is “very difficult to implement” and he mentioned the case of San Juan de Lurigancho, an area with high rates of infections, where more than 240,000 people go to other districts to work.

“It is impossible to control who leaves and who enters the districts. If it is about targeted quarantines, we are talking [de] that in Lima and Callao mobility is restricted, as in other regions, on Sunday. In other regions the curfew is from 8:00 at night. That must be studied based on many factors and make an appropriate decision for the moment we are living ”, he sentenced.

“It would be too hard”

For her part, the Minister of Health, Pilar Mazzetti, told Canal N that the Executive Branch evaluated the possibility of applying a quarantine focused on Lima, as is being done in other regions.

“Lima has a particular dynamic, it has districts with different epidemiological characteristics, with different movements”, expressed

“Yes, we have discussed it for a quarantine focused on Lima, but the transit of people has been analyzed to see where it moves around antennas and we have seen that it would be very difficult”added.

Operations in regions

The president of the Council of Ministers indicated on Canal N that as part of the strategy against the pandemic of In Peru, massive operations will be carried out in regions where the level of infections is growing.

He stated that for these operations the Armed Forces “work in 2 lines.” “First in the areas where there is greater contagion and they are installing fixed points where people can go to have their screening, testing and treatment early,” said Martos.

He also mentioned that “in another line a system is made so that they go house to house to attend” (to people).

He pointed out that the Armed Forces “coordinate all the support of the Ministry of Health, EsSalud, they work with the governor, the mayors, with the health directorates of each of the provinces or regions, with private companies.”

“In Moquegua 40,000 medicine kits were considered and yesterday they told us that it had been missing. We have had to send more medicines. That means that we are reaching more people. We are going to replicate that next week in three regions and the main articulating actors in this operation are the Armed Forces, ”he added.

Presentation in Congress

On the other hand, Martos said that he has asked the president of Congress, Manuel Merino de Lama, to assign him an hour and a half for his presentation next Tuesday, August 11, at which time he will explain what he plans to do in the remaining time. to the government.

“I have asked that the work must be very pragmatic, there must be continuity in certain projects,” he said.

In this sense, he said that he hopes that the interpellation of the Ministers of Education, Martín Benavides, and of Economy, María Antonieta Alva, will not lead to censorship since a change in the teams will delay the work on which they are focused. to face the pandemic and the reactivation of the economy.

He said he was convinced that the two ministers will know how to explain before the plenary session the concerns that led to the interpellation document.

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on email
Email

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Trending