At night from February 9th to 10th 2020 it said again: “And the Oscar goes to … “For the 92nd time, the famous Award ceremony held at the Dolby Theater in Los Angeles. Who could get hold of the famous gold boys in the most popular categories “Best Film”, “Best Actor” and “Best Skin Actress”? You can find the answers here.
Best film: “Parasite” surprises everyone at the Oscars 2020
The South Korean film “Parasite” has triumphed at this year’s Oscars: The black comedy by director Bong Joon Ho won four of the coveted awards on Sunday evening (local time), including the main prize for the best film. “Parasite” also won the Oscars for the best international film, the best director and the best original screenplay.
“Parasite” made history: For the first time, a non-English-language film won the Oscar for the best film. “Parasite” also overshadowed the world war epic “1917”, which had been considered a great Oscar favorite.
René Zellweger receives Oscar for Best Actress
The actress Renée Zellweger was awarded the prize for the best female leading actress at the gala at the Dolby Theater in Hollywood. The 50-year-old was honored for her embodiment of the film legend Judy Garland in “Judy”.
ALSO LIKE TO READ WITH swpPLUS
Best Actor: Joaquin Phoenix wins Oscar
Joaquin Phoenix won the Oscar for Best Actor. The 45-year-old American was awarded the night of Monday in Hollywood for his portrayal of the later Batman opponent in “Joker”. Zellweger and Phoenix had been favorites.
Oscars 2020: All winners at a glance
- Best Film: „Parasite“ von Bong Joon Ho
- Regi: Bong Joon Ho für „Parasite“
- Leading actor: Joaquin Phoenix in “Joker”
- Leading actress: Renée Zellweger in “Judy”
- Supporting actress: Laura Dern in “Marriage Story”
- Nebendarsteller: Brad Pitt in „Once Upon a Time in Hollywood“
- International Film: “Parasite” by Bong Joon Ho
- Camera: Roger Deakins for “1917”
- Original script: Bong Joon Ho and Han Jin Won for “Parasite”
- Adapted script: Taika Waititi for “Jojo Rabbit”
- Editing: Michael McCusker and Andrew Buckland for “Le Mans 66: Against Every Chance”
- Film music: Hildur Gudnadóttir for “Joker”
- Movie song: “(I’m Gonna) Love Me Again” by Elton John and Bernie Taupin (for “Rocketman”)
- Production design: Barbara Ling and Nancy Haigh for “Once Upon a Time in Hollywood”
- Sound editing: Donald Sylvester for “Le Mans 66 – Against Every Chance”
- Sound mixing: Mark Taylor and Stuart Wilson for “1917”
- Visual effects: Guillaume Rocheron, Greg Butler and Dominic Tuohy for “1917”
- Animated film: “A Toy Story: Everything does not stop at command” by Josh Cooley
- Animated short film: “Hair Love” by Matthew A. Cherry, Everett Downing Jr. and Bruce W. Smith
- Documentary: “American Factory” by Steven Bognar and Julia Reichert
- Dokumentar-Kurzfilm: „Learning to Skateboard in a Warzone (if you’re a Girl) von Carol Dysinger
- Make-up / hairstyle: Kazu Hiro, Anne Morgan and Vivian Baker for “Bombshell – The end of the silence”
- Costume design: Jacqueline Durran for “Little Women”
- Kurzfilm: „The Neighbors’ Window“ von Marshall Curry
Broadcast: Pro Sieben shows the Academy Awards on TV
This year too ProSieben live report on the Oscars 2020. Steven Gätjen as well as the moderators Annemarie Carpendale and Viviane Geppert are on site. The private broadcaster’s Oscar program:
- approx. 11:05 p.m .: “red. The Oscar Countdown – The Greatest Hollywood Moments 2020 “
- ca. 23:50 Uhr: „Oscar 2020 – red. Carpet live“
- 2:00 a.m .: “Oscars 2020 – The Academy Awards – live from LA”
Live ticker for the 2020 Academy Awards
Who doesn’t have the Oscars live can follow on TV, can find out about the current events of the award ceremony and the winners in the Liveticker to inform:
Oscar nominees: From Jojo Rabbit to Joaquin Phoenix
In mid-January the Academy announced the Nominations known for this year’s award ceremony. There were few surprises in the large categories.
Favorites at the Oscars 2020
It quickly became clear that the film “Joker” had great chances for the coveted trophy. The comic book adaptation is nominated in eleven categories, leading actor Joaquin Phoenix is highly regarded as this year’s “best leading actor”. But other films and actors also have good chances.
Oscars 2020 host: these are the presenters
After 2019 is the second year in a row no host on the Oscar stage. The award will be made with Star presenters contested. Which stars act as helpers on stage:
Academy Awards 2020: Billie Eilish as a show act
There will be a special musical act on the Oscar stage on Sunday: Billie Eilish performs live at the Oscars. The Academy promises on Twitter a “special performance”. It is believed that the 18-year-old sings the theme song for the new James Bond film “No Time to Die”.
Traditionally, it is common for the as “Best song” nominated songs will be performed at the Oscars. Therefore, the audience can look forward to the following performances:
- Elton John – „(I’m Gonna) Love Me Again“ aus „Rocketman“
- Randy Newman – “I Can’t Let You Throw Yourself Away” aus “Toy Story 4”
- Chrissy Metz – “I’m Standing With You” aus “Breakthrough”
- Idina Menzel – “Into The Unknown” aus “Frozen II”
- Cynthia Erivo – „Stand Up“ aus „Harriet“
There are also other performances as the Academy announced:
Oscar winners have been determined – votes counted
The Oscar winners have been determined, but the outcome of the election is not yet known. By Tuesday evening (local time) the ballot papers of the almost 9,000 Oscar judges received online at the Beverly Hills Film Academy. Up until the 92nd Trophy Gala on Sunday, employees of the auditing company PricewaterhouseCoopers count the votes in 24 price categories in order to get the winner to investigate. The result is in sealed envelopes brought directly to the Academy Awards.
Oscars 2020: Red carpet rolled out
It is already four days before the Oscar gala red carpet rolled out for Hollywood’s trophy spectacle. Almost 300 meters long and a good ten meters wide, the carpet covers a piece of the otherwise busy Hollywood Boulevard. Incidentally, the color of the carpet is not a bright red, but a darker “Cayenne” tone. In this way, the skin and clothes of the stars are better shown in the spotlight. The „Roll Out“ Numerous camera teams and photographers captured on Wednesday morning (local time).
There is still a lot to do in the next few days. Dozens of helpers install the famous catwalk. For this purpose, barriers and stands for more than 700 fans and built for the press. This year again a transparent plastic roof will be stretched over the promenade. Rain is forecast for Sunday in Hollywood.
Oscars 2020: Wolfgang Puck bought those Stars
The Austrian star chef Wolfgang Puck is serving up for the 26th time after the Oscar gala, but for the first time (almost) everything revolves around plant-based food. What he came up with for Joaquin Phoenix, René Zellweger and Co.
Oscars: the 2019 winners
The Academy Awards had many bright winners, but no clear winner: The US racism drama “Green Book” became the best film. The Mexican Alfonso Cuarón received the director’s award for the Netflix production “Roma”. And the music film “Bohemian Rhapsody” took the top spot on this gala night with four Oscars. The winners of the most important categories from the previous year at a glance:
- Best Actor – Rami Malek (“Bohemian Rhapsody“)
- Best main actress – Olivia Colman (“The Favourite“)
- Best movie – „Green Book“
- Best supporting actor – Mahershala Ali („Green Book“)
- The best supporting actress – Regina King (“Beale Street Blues“)
- Dear Director – Alfonso Cuaron (“Roma“)