from the event of an earthquake between Kahramanmaras with the city of Gaziantep southern address It shares some borders with Syria, Turkey. On February 7, a strong earthquake of 7.8 magnitude occurred in the southeastern region of the country. which happened last Monday
daily news online will take everyone to look back at 5 severe earthquakes from 1950-1976 that caused losses along with becoming a great tragedy that the whole world will never forget
1. Tohoku, Japan 2011 In the afternoon of March 11, 2011, there was a huge earthquake under the sea. The tremor measured magnitude 9.0 and lasted about six minutes, with its epicenter off the northeast coast of the Oshika Peninsula. in the Tohoku region 32 kilometers below ground, with more than a thousand aftershocks following after. Resulting in a tsunami over 40 and a half meters high, causing enormous damage. Along the Pacific coast of Japan’s northern islands
2. Guatemala City, Guatemala, 1976 At 3 a.m. on February 4, 1976, a 7.5 magnitude earthquake was centered on the Mautagua Fault. The quake, about 160 km northeast of Guatemala’s capital, Guatemala City, was at a depth of 5 km, near the city of Los Amates. The quake lasted for 39 seconds, leaving visible cracks. More than 230 kilometers away, the cities suffered massive damage.
3. Sichuan Province, China 2008 On the afternoon of May 12, 2008, a magnitude 7.9 earthquake occurred, lasting two minutes, with its epicenter far from Chengdu. 80 kilometers to the northwest, at a depth of 19 kilometers below ground, the quake was still felt as far away as Beijing. Which is 1,500 kilometers away and the city of Shanghai. Which is 1,700 kilometers away, causing the shaking of office buildings in many cities. including in Bangkok and Hanoi city In Vietnam, there were also more than a hundred severe aftershocks within 72 hours, resulting in many casualties.
4. Indian Ocean 2004 The 9.1-magnitude undersea earthquake struck in the early morning hours of Dec. 26, 2004, lasting nearly 10 minutes, with its epicenter 30 km down in the Indian Ocean near sea level near the west. North of Sumatra Indonesia
The tremors can still be felt in Thailand. and still shakes the state of Alaska in the united states Resulting in a giant tsunami as high as 30 meters, flooding the houses along the coast. Swallowing the lives of all 228,000 people, which Thailand was also affected by the tsunami. That killed more than 5,400 people, about 2,800 were missing in six southern provinces: Phang Nga, Phuket, Krabi, Satun, Ranong and Trat.
5. Tangshan, China, 1976 It is the deadliest event in world history since 1950. This earthquake had a magnitude of 7.6 on the morning of July 28, 1976, at 3:42 a.m. with its epicenter. South of Tangshan City in Hebei Province 154 kilometers away from Beijing, at a depth of 12 kilometers below ground, the tremor lasted only a few seconds. but damage to many houses On the same day, several aftershocks followed. And in the evening of the same day, a magnitude 7.0 earthquake occurred at a depth of 16 kilometers near the ground.
Thanks for the information and pictures from wikipedia, livescience.