Most important: almost the entire PlayStation 4 title library, which includes more than 4000 items, will run on next-generation consoles. There are only 10 exceptions, namely:
- Afro Samurai 2 Revenge of Kuma Volume One
- TT Isle of Man – Ride on the Edge 2
- Just Deal With It!
- Shadow Complex Remastered
- Robinson: The Journey
- We Sing
- Hitman Go: Definitive Edition
- Joe’s Diner.
All other games should run smoothly on PlayStation 5, and certain projects will work and look better. However, some of the functionality like the “second screen” will not be available. To connect PlayStation VR, you need a special adapter – it will be given out somehow.
Backward compatibility is supported for both disc games and digital copies. Saves can be transferred from PS4 to PS5.
There are also certain limitations in Backward Compatibility mode on PS5:
- the Share menu will replace the Create menu;
- HDR is automatically enabled on PS5. It can be disabled in the menu;
- Tournaments not supported on PS5;
- Second Screen is not supported on PS5.
In general, Sony warns that problems may arise in some games, but this is normal (the same is true on Xbox in general). Users are advised to keep their PS5 firmware up to date to improve compatibility.
More on Gambling