Home » today » News » OM demands three years in prison against man who drove into primary school in Grootebroek | NOW

OM demands three years in prison against man who drove into primary school in Grootebroek | NOW

The Public Prosecution Service (OM) is demanding a three-year prison sentence (one year of which is suspended) against the 56-year-old man who drove his car into his child’s school in Grootebroek last summer. According to the OM, he did this at high speed and full of emotion.

The Public Prosecution Service also finds Michel K. guilty of destroying the school building and threatening a teacher. No one in the school in the Noord-Holland town of Grootebroek was injured in the incident.

K. drove into primary school ‘t Palet in the evening on 1 July and ended up with his car in the hallway of the building, where at that time the farewell party of group 8 was in progress. The prosecution said that at the time sixty people were inside, including fifteen children. The fact that there were no injuries is, according to the Public Prosecution Service, a “fortunate circumstance”.

According to the OM, K. purposely drove into the school, because he was “overwhelmed with emotions” since his son had been placed in a different class. The 56-year-old father denied this in court on Tuesday: “I had no goal. I just started driving.”

The suspect says he is very ashamed

K. thinks that something broke in his head that day as a result of years of stress. He says he can remember little about it.

He doesn’t know why he drove into the school. “I have absolutely nothing against that teacher. And not against the school either.” K. repeated several times that he is very ashamed and thinks it is terrible what happened.

– .

Leave a Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.