You are now reading “Erlig talt”, Nettavisen’s regular column where famous and relevant people answer a series of regular questions about themselves, their opinions, everyday life and the important things in life – as well as some quick recommendations!
Lise Mæland, who goes by the stage name “Melis”, has been featured in the NRK program “Stjernekamp” in recent weeks. She first broke through in 2009 when she took part in “X-Factor”, and since then she has had roles as a singer and actress in animated films and has been a chorister for the artist Gabrielle.
Please, here you are:
Name: Lise Mæland, aka Melis
Marital status: Single
What is your name in SoMe? @melis_musiq / @melis_music
Grew up: Breidablikk in Sandefjord
Lives now: Tonsenhagen in Oslo
Workplace: Currently freelancer, so a bit everywhere. I enjoy it so much
How do you get around in everyday life: The 31 bus runs right outside my door and is my private driver at all times of the day
What engages you right now?
– I am concerned (at least trying) about how much time I spend on my mobile phone. Really worried about how lethargic it will make me.
What is your most controversial position?
– I think it should not be allowed for parents/adults to scroll on a mobile phone when children are nearby and seek contact in the form of conversation or glances. The mobile should give off an electric shock or something, which means that you have to throw the mobile away.
Also read: Mia Gundersen on the breakup: – Best thing that has happened to me
What are you proud of having achieved in the past year?
– I am very proud of the debut album I released last year, “I Still Write Songs About You”. It would turn out to be a door opener for several major collaborations, including with the world-renowned producer duo Stargate with whom I worked in Los Angeles in February this year. There I wrote perhaps some of the best songs I have ever written. A couple of them will be on the next record in 2024.
Introvert or extrovert? A bit of both. Probably leans more towards introvert
Right from the start or cloud of conflict? I think I’m more afraid of the confrontations than the conflicts. So I keep my mouth shut more than I should, so it’s called conflict shy, isn’t it? Yes, ok fine. Inside me, I’m straight from the liver then
Carefully planned or take it as it comes? Both. Is extremely fond of making plans. But I also feel that I am good at taking things as they come
Save or splurge? Both!
“Dax18” or “The Farm”? Enjoying “Dax18” when I cook dinner. And I’m probably enjoying “The Farm” a bit more
Board games or Playstation? Board games. Hello, the best in the world. I played board games with myself when I was little. Perhaps says more about me as a child than about board games. Greetings introvert and always have been
When was the last time you cried and why?
– I felt terribly sorry for myself last Sunday when I woke up alone in my queen size bed and there was no one to chat with the night before when I ended up in the bottom three. But then it worked out, got myself together, and went to the mountains with a friend.
What is the bravest thing you have done?
– Quitting my day job a little over a year ago and focusing 100% on the music. Breaking the fast felt like an impossible task, but then when it was done, it ironically felt like the easiest thing I’ve ever done!
Read also: “Stjernekamp” current Aleksander With disappeared from the limelight: – Was tired
What is the most dramatic thing you have experienced?
– Knock on the table, I have never experienced anything very dramatic, and I am happy about that. I can only hope that it continues, and that everyone I love stays healthy and fast.
And… when was the last time you lost your mind?
– Do not remember.
What do you regret most in life?
– No point in regretting. What’s done is done. What would you like to have done differently? It has already happened.
What’s the sickest rumor you’ve heard about yourself?
– I don’t really follow rumors about myself.
What is the nicest thing someone has said to you?
– That my music and singing help them through a breakup and make them see life in a brighter light.
Who would you cancel and why?
– I don’t like the cancellation culture. It makes us humans look so stupid when you zoom out a bit. If only everyone had taken care of themselves. Sigh.
Who/what would you like to pay tribute to and why?
– Paying tribute to Beyoncé because she saves us from evil.
What pisses you off?
– Adults who don’t say hello back to children who say hello. And if you think Beyoncé is overrated.
If you have 500,000 to invest, how would you invest?
– Making a record with Mark Ronson or Rick Rubin.
What is the best or worst gift you have received or given?
– I am good at gifts, especially home-made cards. Sometimes they completely take off. You are lucky if you know me.
Also read: “Stjernekamp”-Tone has to hire a mother-in-law: – Now the focus will be on Tone
Give us some quick recommendations!
– Just finished reading Nina Lykke’s “We are not here to have fun” Unbelievably good, simply. I feel like I think exactly like her, and it’s fun. Love the dark humor.
– “A day and a half” by Fares Fares. About a gunman who, desperate to be reunited with his daughter, forces his way into the medical center where his ex-wife works and kidnaps her. A very intense film, but love when you sit tense almost the whole time. Very touching too.
– Listening to so many different things. But is in a Jhene Aiko and Lizzy McAlpine period. And then there’s always Beyoncé, for all moods and all times of the day. Singing and listening to “Cuff It – Wetter Remix” at the time of writing.
– Instagram. Love/Hate.
– Maddie Grace Jepson on TikTok. Hysterical.
– A good negroni in the glass and homemade meatballs in brown sauce. Not necessarily together.
– After “Stjernekamp”, the goal is a trip to Thailand with my manager Tore Grimstad. New York is also on the agenda.
What are you most looking forward to right now?
– I can’t wait to release a Christmas song that will come not too long! Has written it together with Slå På Ring legends Erlend and Steinjo. It’s called “I’m Still Single” and is about yes, being single at Christmas. I promise, without “jinxing” but it’s going to hit.
Pineapple on pizza? Yay or nay?
#Honestly #Lise #Melis #Mæland