– I do not have the energy to speak, so I will do this quickly. I will take some breaks along the way, says Megan Alexandra Blankenbiller (31) in what would be her very last TikTok video.
The video, which was released on August 15, has been viewed more than 850,000 times, according to NBC News.
– I was afraid
While she lies in the hospital bed and fights for her life against the coronavirus, she gives an update to her 18,000 followers.
– I was not vaccinated. I’m not against the vaccine, but just wanted to do some research first, says Blankenbiller, who lived in Jacksonville, Florida.
– I was scared and wanted me and the rest of my family to do it at the same time. But as you may know, it is difficult to get many people to agree on something when they initially disagree.
In fact, the family had managed to agree to take the vaccine together, writes the American health website WebMD. The mother, and the two daughters Megan and Cristina had been vaccinated.
But they got sick before they got the vaccine. And it was Megan Blankenbiller who was hit the hardest. The American woman ended up being admitted to Orange County Medical Center in California.
In the last video, she is clearly marked, struggling to speak and moans with exhaustion between the sentences.
– I made a mistake, I should not have waited, she says.
– Take the vaccine! Do not wait!
Then she comes up with an invitation to all those who watch the video:
– If you’re only 70 percent sure you want to take it, then take it! Do not wait! Hopefully you will not end up in the hospital like me.
However, she points out that taking the vaccine does not necessarily mean that you do not get covid.
– It is just a protection so that it does not become so serious if you come in contact with the virus.
In another video, she says that she was admitted on Friday 13 August.
– All I hear is screams and moans from people who are suffering, people who I assume have lost someone they love. I know myself how it is and what it sounds like, she says, choked with tears.
Confirms the death
The video was posted on Blankenbiller’s TikTok account @atasteofalex, just over a week before she died. According to NBC News, her sister Cristina Blankenbiller has confirmed the death in a Facebook post.
– Thanks to everyone who has prayed for my family. I’m sad and heartbroken to have to say that my sister has been called to heaven today. Megan was such a beautiful person who gave everything for people in need. She lit up her surroundings, and brought joy to all she met.
– She will be loved forever, and she was the best big sister and friend anyone could ever wish for. I want her in my memory and in my heart every single day.