Kulusevski’s goal saved Juve from a humiliating defeat to Verona which left the game in a draw.
Coming from behind through Andrea Favelli’s goal on the hour mark, Dejan Kulusevski’s low strike finally saved the Bianconerri from a humiliating defeat.
Lineups of Players
JUVENTUS (3-4-1-2): Wojciech Szczesny; Danilo, Leonardo Bonucci, Merih Demiral; Juan Cuadrado, Arthur, Adrien Rabiot, Federico Bernardeschi; Aaron Ramsey; Paulo Dybala, Alvaro Morata.
Cadangan: Gianluigi Buffon, Gianluca Frabotta, Weston McKennie, Rodrigo Bentancur, Manolo Portanova, Dejan Kulusevski, Daouda Peeters, Giacomo Vrioni, Carlo Pinsoglio.
HELLAS VERONA: Marco Silvestri, Federico Ceccherini, Matteo Lovato, Alan Empereur, Marco Davide Faraoni (captain), Ronaldo Vieira, Adrien Tameze, Darko Lazovic, Ebrima Colley, Mattia Zaccagni, Nikola Kalinic.
Cadangan: Alessandro Berardi, Federico Dimarco, Antonin Barak, Andrea Favilli, Ivan Ilic, Filippo Terracciano, Matteo Cancellieri, Kevin Ruegg, Giangiacomo Magnani, Pawel Dawidowicz, Bruno Amione, Ivor Pandur.
The course of the match
1. FIRST HALF KICK OFF
5. A quick attack from Juventus gave Paulo Dybala a chance in the opposition’s defensive area, but he moved too fast when chasing Aaronn Ramsey’s pass which sent him offside.
16. ONLINE! Verona thought they had taken the lead when Ebrima Colley found the ball from close range. But that excitement vanished when the linesman raised the flag for offside.
20. The Juventus Chance! Utilizing Adrien Rabiot’s pass, the ball was immediately executed by Federico Bernardeschi’s accurate kick. But Marco Silvestri was able to dismiss the ball swiftly and produce a corner.
29. Alan Empereur sent a gastric pass into the penalty box which was greeted by Darko Lazovic’s strike from the near post but did not endanger Wojciech Szczesny’s goal.
33. Do you know? Verona this season has only scored one goal and conceded one goal. They did win 3-0 over the US RomaHowever, the victory came as a result of an administrative error by Rome.
41. MISTAR WASTE! Juventus came close to taking the lead when Juan Cuadrado fired a powerful shot from inside the penalty area, but the ball that was rushing through still hit Verona’s crossbar!
46. NO GOAL! Juve actually managed to score a goal when Cuadrado’s through ball was greeted by a beautiful strike from Morata who ripped the ball past Silvestri. However, after reviewing VARi, the goal was disallowed because Morata was considered offside.
HT: JUVENTUS 0-0 HELLAS VERONA
46. SECOND HALF KICK OFF
56. Verona Chance! Got empty space Mattia Zaccagni sent a hard kick from outside the penalty box, but the ball was pushed over the goal by Szczesny.
60. GOAL! Verona opened the scoring first! Gialloblu’s deadly attack, was completed by Andrea Favelli’s accurate shot which shot into the corner of the net without being able to be blocked by Szczesny!
72. Chance Juventus! The Bianconerri intensified sporadic attacks to pursue a goal deficit. Morata got the ball in the penalty box, spun, and fired a shot which Silvestri could still catch.
76. MISTAR WASTE! Dybala’s powerful shot from outside the area deflected slightly as it hit the Verona defender before hitting the crossbar.
77. GOAL! Juventus equal score! Dejan Kulusevski moved from the right side piercing to the center before sending a horizontal kick that rushed into the corner of the goal without being able to reach Silvestri.
86. The Juventus Chance! Dybala fired horizontally from inside the penalty box, but the ball was still thinly sideways to the right of the visitors’ goal.
90. There was a commotion on the pitch between Marco Faraoni and Kulusevski which sparked reactions from other players. The referee gives a yellow card to the two players.
93. TWO JUVENTUS OPPORTUNITIES! Dybala’s hard shot was countered by Silvestri, the goalkeeper soon caught Morata’s header from in front of the goal.
94. Chance Juventus! The threat came again, now Cuadrado’s hard kick was blocked by Silvestri.
FT; JUVENTUS 1-1 HELLAS VERONA