1. Shocking news from England: Manchester City expelled from the Champions League (technically – from European cups, but who is waiting for City in LE?) for two seasons for violating the financial fair play. The club is dissatisfied with the UEFA decision, considering the investigation and the verdict biased, and file an appeal. Meanwhile, with Manchester City can take off glasses in the Premier League, and Pep Guardiola, if the appeal fails, in the summer will think about their prospects in Manchester. Also, in the event of an appeal failure, the Champions League may burst club from the 5th place of the Premier League – and now it’s Sheffield United.
2. Alexander Kokorin is still moving to Sochi. “Zenith” not confirmed rent, but Sochi already waiting for the player at the training camp. Friday night Akhmat posted a photo Kokorin in Sochi outfit, but then deleted the tweet. However, soon a photo with Kokorin posted Denis Glushakov, this happened during the friendly match between Akhmat and Sochi.
But Oleg Shatov, it seems, remains at Zenit: soccer player flew with the collection team.
3. Former Ak Bars forward and Russian national team Alexei Morozov elected new president of the KHL.
4. 🥇 🥇 🥇 In Russia three gold in the sprint at the World Luge Championship, Denisiev and Antonov are the first two world champions in Russian history.
5. Borussia Dortmund smashed Eintracht (4: 0) and reached the 2nd place in the German championship (although competitors have not played yet). Dortmund scored 63 goals in 22 rounds and repeated the Bundesliga record.
Erling Holland chalked up one of the goals and scored the first in the history of the Bundesliga 8 goals in 5 starting matches.
6. The Russian biathlon team continues to conquer the depths: the team set a new anti-record without hitting the prizes in 28 races in a row. Norwegian Marte Ulsby-Royselann won the sprint in Antholz, the best of the Russians, Ekaterina Yurlova, is the 21st.
7. Transfers. Juventus working on return Pogba, Manchester United wants to get 100 million euros. Barcelona ready to buy Lautaro at Inter for 111 million euros in the summer, as well as Real. Madrid consider the 17-year-old Kamaving as a substitute for Casemiro, the transfer is estimated at 50-60 million euros. Lester midfielder James Maddison wants to go at Manchester United.
8. In the body of the detained boxer Giorgi Kushitashvili found cocaine. Athlete’s lawyer believes that the drug could mix into the drink. Kushitashvili remains in jail, his detention recognized lawful.
9. “PSG” – the most financially stable club in the world in the Soccerex ranking, Man City is 2nd, Real Madrid is 5th and Barca is 12th. Of ours above all “Zenith” – he is the 23rd, Spartak – 37th, CSKA – in 98th place. Russians own 8 teams from the top 100 financially stable clubs in the world, three in the top 30.
10. Atletico tied with “Valencia” (2: 2) and remained in 4th place in La Liga.
11. Minnesota fired head coach Bruce Boudreau.
12. Russian tennis player Ekaterina Alexandrova went to the semifinals tournament in St. Petersburg after the failure of Petra Kvitova and will play with Kiki Bertens. Andrey Rublev lost Philip Krainovic in the quarterfinals of the tournament in Rotterdam.
13. Mercedes introduced a car 2020 year. Read more about the car in our material.
14. Women’s Chelsea is the first in the world adapted training program under the menstrual cycle of soccer players.
15. Russian bobsledders Nadezhda Sergeeva and Elena Mamedova defeated at the bobsleigh world cup in Latvia. This is Russia’s first victory in the history of women’s bobsled.
16. “Monaco” won Montpellier and won 3 matches in League 1 in a row for the first time since May 2018. Alexander Golovin has an assistant.
17. RFU will not punish Dmitry Tarasov for a joke about the coronavirus: “Incidentally, the incident is over.”
Quotes of the day.
Ex-president of CSKA: “We agreed with Filatov give Levnikov $ 5,000 each before the Cup final to judge fairly“
Vladislav Tretyak: “The Russian team will suffer from a decrease in the salary ceiling”
Jürgen Klopp: “It seems that 80% of my career I played through pain. Nobody appreciated, because I still played badly“