Home Health & Fitness Maëlle dies of toxic shock from tampon: “Everyone thought ...

Maëlle dies of toxic shock from tampon: “Everyone thought …

A young woman from Somzée, a village under Namur, died last Thursday from the effects of a “toxic shock” triggered by a tampon. The family of 17-year-old Maëlle Nactergal wants young girls, nurses and doctors to be better informed about potential risks. According to gynecologist Hendrik Cammu (UZ Brussel), toxic shock syndrome (TSS) is very rare: “I have only experienced it once in my career.”

“Our Maëlle was a big, sporty girl, who was keen on life and had so many plans,” Laurence, Maëlle’s mum, told Sudpresse newspapers. “But she has us in less than 48 …

.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Most Popular

Recall “enerBio Soy Flakes” from Rossmann: Could contain plant poison

The Rossmann drugstore recalls certain breakfast cereals. They can be contaminated with a vegetable poison and should therefore not be consumed. Recall from Rossmann:...

Orange juice with celery and lemon to reduce cholesterol and triglycerides

Orange juice with celery and lemon to reduce cholesterol and triglycerides. | UnsplashWe continue with our series of healing juices, home remedies that...

Recent Comments