Apple has finally released macOS Ventura 13.1 to Mac users worldwide, introducing the long-awaited Freeform app and more.
Apple launched in October. Since then, the Cupertino-based company has been working to bring more features to this release, while working on newly introduced bug fixes. The last little bump for this OS is finally here. After several weeks of beta testing, macOS Ventura 13.1 is now available to Mac users worldwide. It offers the long-awaited end-to-end encryption for iCloud data types.
Changelog in macOS Ventura 13.1
macOS Ventura 13.1 introduces the new Freeform app, which offers a great place to brainstorm and bring your ideas to life. This release also includes Advanced Data Protection for iCloud and other features and bug fixes for your Mac.
- Freeform is a new app for working creatively with friends or colleagues on Mac, iPad and iPhone
- The flexible canvas lets you add files, photos, labels, and more
Advanced iCloud data protection
- The new option brings the total number of categories of iCloud data protected with end-to-end encryption to 23, including iCloud Backup, Notes, and Photos, to keep your information safe even in the event of a cloud data breach.
This update also includes the following improvements and bug fixes:
- Improved message search lets you find images based on their content, such as a dog, car, person, or text
- Share indicators in Notes let you see indicators in real time as others make updates to a shared note
- Playing audio in the Find My Now app can help you locate nearby AirTags, AirPods Pro Case (2nd generation), and Find My network accessories.
- Fixes an issue that caused some notes to not sync to iCloud after updates
- Fixes an issue where keyboard and mouse input may be lost in some apps and games
As the changelog above shows, macOS Ventura 13.1 doesn’t include many new visual changes and features. Notably, it finally introduces Apple Freeform. For those who aren’t familiar with it, Freeform allows users to collaborate on endless whiteboards. So you can insert doodles, text and almost any file type. It’s an excellent tool for brainstorming ideas and making detailed plans on your own or with other people.
Going further, macOS Ventura 13.1 offers advanced Apple data protection for iCloud. This setting lets you end-to-end encrypt 23 categories of iCloud data, including photos, notes, device backups, and more. In addition to the above features, this release has a few changes and bug fixes which you can read about in the above embedded changelog.
What will you use Freeform for? Let us know in the comments section below.