The entry ban will be relaxed for top athletes and people from the business world. From September 14, top athletes from abroad can travel to the Netherlands again, and from September 21, people from the business world are allowed to do so.
There are strict conditions attached to the scheme. For example, the announced relaxation is only intended for travelers who ‘make an important contribution’ to the business community, including small and medium-sized businesses and Dutch top sport. The rules of life for home quarantine remain unaffected for these groups, according to the cabinet.
The Council of Ministers has decided to allow the exceptions “because of the major negative impact, the social and economic importance and the long duration of the entry ban.” Highly qualified professionals from the cultural and creative sectors, journalists and researchers will soon also be able to count on a more flexible entry restriction. An arrangement is being drawn up for these groups.
Since March 18, an entry ban has been in force in our country to prevent the spread of the corona virus. People who wish to travel from ‘third countries’ to EU and Schengen Member States and the United Kingdom will not be admitted if the trip is not necessary.
The last news:
- Rutte: stricter enforcement in cities with many infections
- Budget Memorandum 2021: ‘Deep valley, but we come out stronger’
- Cabinet wants priority corona test for healthcare and education staff
- Antal coronabesmettingen increases by 1270
- Schools should be careful with the use of commercial corona tests, says Education Minister Arie Slob. The reliability of those tests is ‘debatable’, he says
- GPs: priority care workers in corona tests in the making
- ’Mondkapjesplicht did not lead to fewer visitors’
- Thirteen members of the Groningen student association infected with corona
- Research into corona in pubs in Nijmegen, two things closed again
- ’Corona fine down sharply, no criminal record ‘
- Cabinet formation Belgium delayed by 10 days due to corona infection
- Israel in second lockdown after lightning-fast rise aantal coronabesmettingen
- Arts: zoo crown Berlusconi killed in March or April
- Smaller increase in corona infections in Germany
- Another record number of daily corona infections (96,551) in India
- According to the government, fifteen new corona patients have been counted in Curaçao. It is the largest one-day increase to date
- Aruba reports highest number of corona infections (141) in one day