The second wave of the corona outbreak continues to swell. In the past week, the virus has likely been found in about 55,000 people. The exact figure will be published on Tuesday afternoon in the weekly update of the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment (RIVM). That reported last Tuesday that it had received 43,903 reports in the seven days before.
The RIVM has seen the number of new cases increase for weeks. The weekly figure increased from 3,597 to 5,427 to 8,265 to 13,471 to 19,326 to 27,485 to 43,903. In the summer, about 8,000 cases were discovered in two months, now there are so many positive tests every 24 hours.
In the six days since the previous update, 47,350 positive tests have been added. Amsterdam leads the list with 3,768 new corona cases, followed by Rotterdam (2931), The Hague (1891) and Utrecht (1527). This is followed by Breda, Eindhoven, Groningen and Almere.
The number of deaths from corona increased by 137 in the past six days, including seven deaths in Rotterdam, seven in The Hague and six in Loon op Zand in Brabant. This may include older deaths that have only now been passed on and processed. Last week, the RIVM reported 150 deaths.
The official number of infections was 236,226 on Monday. Almost a month ago, the 100,000th infection was established, last week the Netherlands passed the limit of 200,000 infections and if the current rate continues, the 300,000th Dutch person will be tested positive in the course of next week.
- Fine use of soft drugs outside from 8 pm to 7 am
- The catering industry wants to reopen through the courts: preliminary relief proceedings on Tuesday
- ‘Considerably fewer parking transactions after tightening up corona rules’
- 435 fines for violating corona rules in a weekend
- ‘Patient with dementia in crisis is deprived of compulsory care’
- GGD does not ask for every positive test Crown melder
- ’Emergency care threatens to get into a corner within a few weeks’
- 8,015 new corona infections, one for the first time in 5 days decline
- Rack: Flu vaccine is a must
- More infections than in recent days in Germany: 6,868 new cases
- Ireland goes into lockdown, but schools remain open
- More than million corona infections in Argentina
- Worldwide, 10 million infections in a month
- Sweden makes coronadraai: Immunity thinking gives way to lockdown
- Wales will have one for two weeks starting Friday full lockdown impose
- Man sprays people who do not keep their distance from pepper spray
- Number of corona deaths in Aruba rises to 34
- Moscow: massive vaccinations against corona in the coming months
Entertainment and personal:
- Also André Hazes and Nick and Simon Concert of hope
Check it out here live blog from Monday 19 October.