The number of corona infections detected in Germany in the last 24 hours has skyrocketed to a new record value, which is above 10,000 for the first time. In the last 24 hours, no fewer than 11,287 cases have been added, reports the Robert Koch Institute, the German equivalent of the RIVM.
The more than 11,000 cases are a sharp increase from the approximately 7,600 new cases reported Wednesday. On Tuesday, 6,868 cases were added. Last week there was already three times in a row a record number of new infections, ranging from around 6,600 to about 7,800 infections per day.
In total, the lung virus has now been diagnosed in 392,049 people in Germany. 9,905 of them have died so far. In the past 24 hours, 30 deaths have been recorded as a result of Covid-19.
Although the number of infections in Germany was relatively low for the time being, there has been a rapid increase since it has become colder. The German authorities have warned that stricter measures are needed if the trend continues. On Wednesday it was announced that Minister of Health Jens Spahn has also tested positive for the corona virus.
- GPs refer more than a quarter less
- Temporary Second Chamber of 161 million euros not corona proof ‘
- The curfew in Aruba will be lifted from Thursday, October 22.
- Bonaire wants to receive Dutch tourists again
- ’Dance seems suddenly forgotten ‘
- ‘Halsema didn’t look at phone while Dam was filling up ‘
- For the first time more than 10,000 new infections in Germany
- Hospitals in the United States are becoming more and more crowded due to the high number of corona patients. Ten states report record levels
- Test subject in AstraZeneca and Oxford vaccine research passed away
- ’Care bonus divides the workplace and distracts from a structural wage increase ‘
- ‘At home the team spirit to hold’
- Sjinkie Knegt and four teammates in quarantine after positive test Dennis Visser
Entertainment and personal:
View the live blog here Wednesday, October 21