Amsterdam is the first municipality in the Netherlands to pass the 10,000 corona infections mark. The number of confirmed infections rose from 9962 to 10,338 on Tuesday, according to data from the National Institute for Public Health and the Environment. One in ten infected Dutch comes from the capital.
Rotterdam ranks second in the Netherlands. The number of infections there came to 8,029 on Tuesday. On Monday the counter was 7,898 cases. The Hague has 5,717 registered infections.
The other cities with more than a thousand infections are Utrecht, Tilburg, Nijmegen, Almere, Maastricht, Eindhoven and Breda.
- Opera in Madrid discontinued after cheering visitors
- The corona crisis also has implications for the Nobel Peace Prize this year. The ceremonies are on a smaller scale and take place at a different location
- The coronavirus pandemic appears to be accelerating worldwide with a record number of new cases in a week. Last week, the number of infections rose to almost two million
- Spain: more than 30,000 new infections since Friday
- Large parts of it Wales locked due to sharp corona rise
- New Zealand attracts almost all measures against coronavirus in
View the live blog here Monday September 21