Italy makes corona testing mandatory for travelers coming from the Netherlands. “I have signed a decree that makes corona testing mandatory for travelers from Belgium, the Netherlands, the United Kingdom and the Czech Republic,” said Health Minister Roberto Speranza on Facebook. According to the Italian news agency ANSA, there was already a test requirement for travelers from several other countries, including Malta, Spain, Greece and parts of France.
The Italian government is further tightening its corona policy because the contagious virus is spreading faster again. In Italy, another 3,678 people were diagnosed with the contagious virus on Wednesday. That is the highest daily increase since April 16. Thousands of infections have also been reported in the Netherlands. It was 4996 new corona cases between Tuesday morning and Wednesday morning.
Italy is taking more measures to stop the spread of the virus. For example, people must also wear masks outside. State Secretary Sandra Zampa of Public Health emphasized that this measure does not apply to everyone. An exception is made for children younger than 6 years old and people with certain medical complaints.
- Harris en Pence test negative prior to debate
- Wisconsin opens field hospital due to growth of corona cases
- The number of corona infections found in Brazil has passed 5 million
- Trump back in his Oval Office
- Germany also designates Limburg as a corona risk area
- The French authorities registered the strongest increase in the number of corona cases so far on Wednesday. It concerns 18,746 new infections in one day
- These countries are already using corona rapid tests
- Only Zeelanders can still escape red travel advice Belgium
Read the live blog here Tuesday October 6.