The authorities in Italy have reported the strongest increase in the number of corona infections in almost six months. Another 3,678 people have been diagnosed with the contagious virus. That is the highest number since April 16. Then the authorities reported 3786 new infections.
Italy is one of the countries most affected by the corona crisis in Europe. Authorities reported thousands of new infections every day in March and April. In total, 333,940 people have been diagnosed with the virus so far. The death toll is more than 36,000 according to official figures. Due to the increasing number of infections, the Italian government also makes it compulsory outside.
In total, more than 6 million infections have been detected in Europe, according to figures from the AFP news agency. Russia has reported the most corona cases (over 1.2 million), followed by Spain (825,410) and France (669,235). Italy seemed to be doing better than many other major European countries in recent times. On October 1, however, the number of new infections that had been detected rose again above 2000 per day for the first time in a long time.
- These countries are already using corona rapid tests
- Belgium: The Netherlands as good as code red
- Brussels cafes closed for a month
- ’Army top USA in quarantine as a precaution ‘
- No ‘active infections’ New Zealand
- Presidential candidate Biden again tests negative for corona
- Berlin closes bars and restaurants at 11pm
Read the live blog here Tuesday October 6.