Liberation of Calvey, retaliatory sanctions on Navalny. RBC main news :: Society :: RBC

Supreme Court freed Michael Calvey

Baring Vostok founder Michael Calvey and others in the case came out from house arrest. The Supreme Court decided to soften their preventive measure.

  • Michael Calvey was released shortly after the Cypriot company Evison (owned by the Baring Vostok fund) and Finvision (controlled by Artem Avetisyan), which are in a shareholder conflict over a dispute over Vostochny Bank, concluded settlement agreement… The conflict over the bank was cited as one of the reasons for the criminal case against Calvey. At the time of the settlement, the parties denied any connection between this decision and the Calvey case.
  • House arrest has been replaced by a ban on certain actions for all persons involved in the case. They are forbidden to leave from midnight to 6:00 outside the address of their residence, visit the premises of Vostochny Bank and the First Collection Bureau, communicate with other accused, receive and send correspondence.
  • Calvey was detained in February 2019 on charges of embezzling 2.5 billion rubles. A criminal case was initiated against him at the request of the minority shareholder of Vostochny Bank Sherzod Yusupov. According to the investigation, the founder of Baring Vostok convinced the bank’s board of directors to vote for the assignment of a loan from the First Collection Bureau for 2.5 billion rubles. in exchange for shares of the Luxembourg investment fund IFTG. The latter’s papers, according to investigators, were worth 600 thousand rubles. (Subsequently, the assessment ordered by the investigation showedthat their cost in the presence of restrictions in the IFTG charter was 250 million rubles, without them – more than 3 billion rubles). Later, the charges were reclassified as embezzlement. In the fall of 2020, the First Collection Bureau transferred 2.5 billion rubles to the bank. as compensation for damage.

Read on RBC Pro


Business behind bars: which of the entrepreneurs was under investigation



Ex-head of the Ministry of Transport resigns from the post of governor

Yevgeny Dietrich, who was dismissed on November 9 from his post as Minister of Transport, was the main candidate for the post of Governor of the Belgorod Region, which has remained vacant since the departure of Yevgeny Savchenko, who headed the region since 1993. However, from the proposal to head the region, he refused.

  • The candidacy of the head of the Ministry of Transport as a possible interim governor of the Belgorod region was not initially discussed in the Kremlin, it arose after the decision was made to resign and, accordingly, the question of further employment arose, a source close to the presidential administration explained to RBC.
  • Having refused the governor’s post, Dietrich can go to business structures, said another of RBC’s interlocutors. Now he is an one of the candidates for the post of general director of the State Transport Leasing Company (STLC, controlled by the Ministry of Transport). Another candidate for the post of head of the STLC is the former Deputy Minister of Transport Innokenty Alafinov, who resigned a week earlier, on November 2.
  • On the day of the announcement of his resignation, Savchenko introduced the post of First Vice Governor, to which the former head of the Russian environmental operator Denis Butsaev was appointed. Butsaev expected to be appointed by the president as acting governor, sources close to the Kremlin told RBC. One of the initiators of Butsaev’s appointment was Savchenko himself, however, according to one of the interlocutors, the candidate was only previously agreed with the Kremlin. As a result, questions arose to him because of his work in the previous post and the appointment also did not take place.

Details of the entry of peacekeepers into Karabakh

Vladimir Putin signed decree “On measures to maintain peace in Nagorno-Karabakh”, which regulates the details of the work of the peacekeeping contingent in the conflict zone. Meanwhile, in Armenia, disputes about how much Russian peacekeepers are needed in Karabakh continue.

  • In accordance with the decree, the Russian peacekeeping contingent in Karabakh will change at least twice a year. Replacement of military equipment will be carried out as the resource is depleted and technical necessity.
  • The opposition in Armenia continues to protest against the terms of the peace agreement, according to which a significant part of the territories previously controlled by the unrecognized republic is ceded to Azerbaijan. In response, the ruling bloc “My Step”, whose leader is Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan, offered the Armenian opposition openly advocate the withdrawal of the Russian peacekeepers from Karabakh and the continuation of the war. But in this case, the deputies emphasize, the opposition should at the same time present a “road map” of victory in the event of a resumption of hostilities.
  • Pashinyan insists that peace on the announced terms was the only way out in the face of inevitable defeat. According to him, after the loss of the city of Shushi, the forces of Armenia and the unrecognized Nagorno-Karabakh Republic would have lost a number of cities, because there “were not enough combat-ready forces.” An Armenian group of forces of more than 20 thousand people would be surrounded. “That is why I signed this notorious agreement. I preferred the life of 25 thousand soldiers to my career and my life. ” concluded Pashinyan.

QR codes due to epidemic will appear in Moscow food courts and eateries

The system of registration by QR codes, which the Moscow mayor’s office calls a way to combat the spread of infection, continues to expand. Now the authorities recommended introduce it in food courts of the shopping center and in eateries.

  • There are no sanctions for violating the recommendation, but the head of the trade department, Aleksey Nemeryuk, hinted that non-compliance with these measures threatens with stricter restrictions in the capital.
  • In connection with the decision taken the day before by the Ministry of Education and Science, Moscow universities, including HSE, RUDN and MSTU, are preparing to a full transition to remote control. Moscow registry offices return to restrictions similar to those in spring – now at the marriage registration ceremony may not more than seven people attend, including the bride and groom.
  • Earlier in the capital, all organized New Year festivities were canceled. There is one good news – for Muscovites on New Year’s Eve will not be banned go out into the street, Sergei Sobyanin promised.

Coronavirus

Russia Moscow World

0 (per day)

Recovered

0

0 (per day)

Got infected

0

0 (per day)

Died

0 (per day)

Recovered

0

0 (per day)

Got infected

0

0 (per day)

Died

0 (per day)

Recovered

0

0 (per day)

Got infected

0

0 (per day)

Died

Source: JHU,
federal and regional
virus control headquarters

Source: JHU, Federal and Regional Anti-Virus Headquarters

.

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on email
Email

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Trending