Tender number: 1310
Job offer from April 5, 2022
The Max Planck Society for the Advancement of Science e. V. (MPG) conducts cutting-edge research in the natural sciences, life sciences and humanities in its 86 institutes and facilities, making it one of the leading international research institutions with numerous Nobel Prize winners in its ranks. The General Administration is looking for the department “Structural Development, Research Law and Research Ethics, Grant Law”. Legal & Compliance department at the earliest possible date
Become part of Germany’s most renowned research organization.
Our department supports the institutes in the legal design of their cooperative research projects and examines, negotiates and approves the associated cooperation and consortium agreements with universities, research institutions and companies. We also take care of other contracts related to scientific collaboration with third parties, such as center contracts, partner group contracts, material transfer agreements and non-disclosure agreements. In addition, we are responsible for all notifications and contracts in the context of third-party funded projects, such as grant notifications and contracts, subcontracts, partnership agreements, supplemental agreements and contracts for the transfer of grants.
Your tasks will be
- legal design advice for the scientific cooperation of the MPG with third parties in Germany and abroad
- Drafting and reviewing contracts and representing MPG interests in negotiations with third parties (mainly international universities and non-university scientific organizations and industrial companies)
- Ongoing legal and financial support for the participation of the Max Planck Society in national and international sponsoring and operating companies as well as other established project forms for scientific research projects (telescopes, high-performance computers, etc.)
- Basic processing/elaboration of legal questions/fundamental questions and statements in the area of scientific cooperation, third-party funds, IP
- Design and implementation of investments and financing rounds in spin-off companies as part of the technology transfer of the MPG in cooperation with Max-Planck-Innovation GmbH
- legal supervision of the third-party funding system of the MPG
We wish us
- As a fully qualified lawyer, you have professional experience in the administrative support and design of research projects and preferably business knowledge
- Solution-oriented, focused way of working as well as enjoyment of (also interdisciplinary) teamwork
- You have resilient skills in the legal areas of private and public law that affect the core area of research administration
- Due to the international orientation, business fluent, subject-specific English skills, both spoken and written, are required
That’s what we offer you
As part of a permanent employment relationship, we offer you payment up to salary group 14 TVöD (Federal Government) as well as various social benefits. Your workplace is in the center of Munich and is easy to reach by public transport. Childcare facilities for children aged 6 months to 3 years are available near the office building.
What you can expect from us:
- We support you in reconciling work and family with flexible working time models
- We offer discounted job tickets for using local public transport
- We promote your personal development through a wide range of individual further training measures and offer you a comprehensive range of health promotion options as well as a company pension scheme
The Max Planck Society has set itself the goal of employing more severely disabled people. Applications from severely disabled people are expressly encouraged.
Have we piqued your interest? Then we look forward to your complete Online application (Code 32/22).
Application deadline: April 25, 2021
MAX PLANCK SOCIETY
to promote science e. V
General Administration Munich
Department of Personnel and Personnel Law