NCP opens options to deepen party engagement Bekasi City DPRD on the dragging case Mayor of Bekasi Rahmat Effendi. Rahmat Effendi is known to have been caught by the KPK OTT in connection with the alleged bribery case of buying and selling positions and the procurement of goods and services.
“The next thing was how to get involved with the DPRD, of course we will look into this,” said KPK Chairman Firli Bahuri, at a press conference at the KPK Merah Putih building, South Jakarta, Thursday (6/1/2022).
Firli then explained the sectors prone to corruption. This includes during the preparation of the APBD to the ratification of the APBD.
“But what is certain is that in areas prone to corruption, there are at least four stages of corruption. The planning sector is prone to corruption, how to prepare the APBD, how to prepare the revised APBD, it is prone to corruption. How is the ratification of the APBD, the APBD changes, it is prone to corruption. How is the implementation of the APBD, budget execution, also prone to corruption, finally including supervision, at the supervision stage it is also prone to corruption,” said Firli.
Furthermore, Firli hopes that all parties can work together to solve this problem. This is to create a corruption-free Indonesia.
“This is our common homework, I really hope that all levels of society, all components of the nation together with the KPK to clean Indonesia from corruption,” he said.
In this case, the KPK has ensnared 9 suspects in total. Here are the details:
As a giver:
1. Ali Amril (AA) as Director of PT ME (MAM Energindo);
2. Lai Bui Min alias Anen (LBM) as a private company;
3. Suryadi (SY) as Director of PT KBR (Kota Bintang Rayatri) and PT HS (Hanaveri Sentosa); and
4. Makhfud Saifudin (MS) as Head of Rawalumbu Sub-district.
As a recipient:
5. Rahmat Effendi (RE) as Mayor of Bekasi;
6. M Bunyamin (MB) as Secretary of the Bekasi City Investment Office and PTSP;
7. Mulyadi alias Bayong (MY) as Jatisari Village Head;
8. Wahyudin (WY) as Head of Jatisampurna Sub-district; and
9. Jumhana Lutfi (JL) as Head of the Bekasi City Housing, Settlement Area and Land Office.
For the suspect giving, he is charged with Article 5 paragraph (1) letter a or Article 5 paragraph (1) letter b or Article 13 of Law Number 31 of 1999 as amended by Law Number 20 of 2001 concerning Eradication of Criminal Acts of Corruption (hereinafter called the Corruption Act) juncto Article 55 paragraph (1) to 1 of the Criminal Code.
Meanwhile, the alleged recipient is charged with Article 12 letter a or Article 12 letter b or Article 11 and Article 12 letter f and Article 12B of the Anti-Corruption Law in conjunction with Article 55 paragraph 1 of the Criminal Code.
Watch the video ‘KPK Appoints Bekasi Mayor Rahmat Effendi as a Suspect!’:
(azh / fas)