Kiwior just watched what his friends were doing. What emotions in the match between Arsenal and City [WIDEO] It’s for him

Arsenal’s epic clash with Manchester City opened the fourth round of the FA Cup. Pep Guardiola’s team thrashed Chelsea 4-0 in the previous round, and Mikel Arteta’s players beat Oxford 3-0 United. The match between Manchester and Arsenal was also closely watched by Polish fans. Jakub Kiwior was included in the match squad for the first time. However, he started the match on the bench, and his place on the pitch was taken by Gabriel Magalhaes. The Pole could only passively watch as his team was eliminated from the tournament.

See the video
How much does Fernando Santos earn? The secretary general of the PZPN responds

Manchester reached the 1/8 finals of the FA Cup. Kiwior watched helpless Arsenal from the bench

Fans gathered at the Etihad Stadium could count on emotions from the first minutes. All thanks to Takehiro Tomiyasu. In the 5th minute, the Arsenal defender fired a shot from border penalty area, but Stefan Ortega showed off a successful intervention. It was similar in the 21st minute. Then Leandro Trossard kicked the ball into the middle of the goal. And with this shot, the Manchester City goalkeeper had no problem.

Guardiola’s players first came to the fore only in the 25th minute. Kevin De Bruyne tried to fit the ball just past the far post, but he made a slight mistake and it missed the far post.

Bednarek came back and collided with the wall. The English showed what they thought of him [WIDEO]

Erling Haaland has also started to appear more often in Arsenal’s goal. In the previous league meeting with Wolverhampton, he scored a hat-trick, which is why Arsenal’s centre-backs focused their attention primarily on the young striker. In the first half, they were quite brutal in stopping him from taking a shot. In one action, Haaland was even elbowed in the head and asked for medical help. Moments later, he was able to continue the competition. Only he couldn’t take a shot on target anymore. Anyway, in the last minutes of the first part, not much happened and eventually the players went to the locker room with a goalless draw.

The second half started very calmly. It wasn’t until the 55th minute that De Bruyne threatened Arsenal’s goal. He fired a shot low into the center of the goal, but again Matt Turner did a perfect job between the posts. The goalkeeper cleared the ball easily.

Read more:  F1, Sebastian Vettel retires

Turner was not so lucky in the 64th minute. First, Julian Alvarez blasted unexpectedly at Arsenal’s goal, but the ball hit the post. This was not the end of this action. Moments later, Jack Grealish intercepted the ball in the penalty area. He made several swings over the ball, then passed it to Nathan Ake, who shot into the bottom right corner of the goal, putting Manchester ahead.

The goal infuriated the Arsenal players, who with “double” strength began to attack City. Unfortunately for them, the goalkeeper of the hosts, however, performed without reservations and helped the team to advance to the 1/8 finals of the FA Cup.

More sports content on the home page

2 Football match Poland - Saudi Arabia in DohaBehind the scenes of the largest Polish transfer window. A giant leap

Arsenal – Manchester City – 0:1

Scorers: Nathan Ake (64′)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Recent News

Editor's Pick