In Israel, a 16-year-old teenager dies of postcoid syndrome
Aden became the first Israeli to die of a rare disease: childhood inflammatory multisystem syndrome, also known as PIMS.
In Israel, a 16-year-old teenager who was diagnosed with postcoid syndrome died at the Schneider Children’s Medical Center in Israel. This on Saturday, October 9, with reference to the children’s medical center reports The Jerusalem Post.
About two weeks ago, Aden Jamal Fayume from the city of Jaldzhulia was transferred to this medical center from the Meir Medical Center.
Ten days ago, the guy was hooked up to an extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) machine. Despite all the measures, the doctors failed to save the teenager’s life.
He is known to have been diagnosed with childhood inflammatory multisystem syndrome, also known as PIMS, after recovering from the coronavirus.
The publication notes that Aden was the first Israeli to die of a rare disease.
The hospital clarified that the teenager was not vaccinated.
PIMS is a multiple organ infection. It resembles Kawasaki syndrome – systemic vasculitis with a predominantly medium-sized vascular lesion, which most often affects children – and toxic shock syndrome.
Among the first symptoms are high fever, cough and shortness of breath. The syndrome can affect the heart, digestive, nervous and respiratory systems.