The journalist stressed that the new head of NJSC Yuri Vitrenko criticized the board of Naftogaz for insufficient pressure on Russia, on Gazprom. According to Vitrenko, Naftogaz should force Gazprom to move the gas transmission point to the Ukrainian-Russian border and allow Central Asian gas or gas from other Russian gas producing companies to the Russian pipeline.
“It is with great interest that I want to see how Mr. Vitrenko will fulfill these ambitious plans that he told us about. Because according to the legal analysis that Mr. Vitrenko received when he was still working at Naftogaz, from our Norwegian lawyers, with the help of which we won the Stockholm arbitration (that is, they definitely cannot be suspected of incompetence), filing such a lawsuit against Gazprom is likely to lead to a violation of the settlement agreement that we concluded in December 2019 with Gazprom, Kobolev said.
He stressed that Vitrenko, as a signatory of this agreement, knows about this.
“Therefore, if he remains in the chair of the head of Naftogaz, I would be very interested to see if he can at least file this claim and what the consequences will be, and whether these consequences will lead to the breakdown of the transit contract, according to which the Russians are still paying us ship -or-pay (a fixed payment regardless of the actual transit volumes), “the ex-head of the NAC emphasized.
Vitrenko said on April 29 that Naftogaz did not sufficiently use the legal possibilities of pressure on Gazprom through the EU antimonopoly body to move the points of sale of Russian gas to European companies on the border of Ukraine and Russia. The agency wrote about it “Interfax-Ukraine”.
28 February 2018 Stockholm Arbitration satisfied Naftogaz’s claim against Gazprom insufficient transit volumes. The Ukrainian company obtained compensation in the amount of $ 4.63 billion. Taking into account the fact that the arbitration court confirmed the debt of the Ukrainian side for gas supplies in the amount of more than $ 2 billion, Gazprom had to pay Naftogaz $ 2.56 billion. According to the Ukrainian company, with 1 March 2018 for the amount of debt a penalty was charged… Gazprom appealed against both decisions of the Stockholm Arbitration Tribunal and began the procedure for terminating the contract with Naftogaz.
In July 2018, Naftogaz launched a new process against Gazprom in the Stockholm Arbitration, demanding a review of the transit tariff for 2018-2019. Preliminary amount of claims amounted to almost $ 12 billion (no interest).
December 27, 2019 Russian company Gazprom paid $ 2.9 billion to Ukraine by the decision of the Stockholm Arbitration.
- On April 28, it became known that the Cabinet of Ministers dismissed Andrey Kobolev from the post of head of the board of “Naftogaz”, Yuri Vitrenko was appointed in his place, his term of office is one year.
- The Cabinet could not legally dismiss Kobolev directly. Therefore, the supervisory board of Naftogaz was disbanded. The Cabinet of Ministers by its order dated April 28 ahead of schedule stopped powers of independent members of the supervisory board of the NAC Bruno Lescois, Ludo van der Heyden, Claire Spottiswood and state representatives on the supervisory board – Natalia Boyko, Yulia Kovaliv and Robert Bensch. According to the decision of the Cabinet of Ministers, from April 30, they were reinstated in their posts, but for no more than six months.
- Kobolev said that he did not write the application, but “learned about the dismissal from the news.” He intends appeal against your dismissal from Naftogaz.
- The government reported that following the results of the meeting of the general meeting of shareholders of Naftogaz, the work of the supervisory board and the board in 2020 was recognized as unsatisfactory. The Cabinet of Ministers noted that the net consolidated loss of the group of companies in 2020 amounted to UAH 19 billion, while the financial plan approved by the government was supposed to receive UAH 11.5 billion of profit.
- In “Naftogazi Ukrainy” called the decisions of the Cabinet of Ministers “legal manipulation” and return to manual control state-owned companies.
- Members of the Supervisory Board of NJSC “Naftogaz Ukrainy” have submitted applications on early termination of their powers… They expressed disagreement with the assessment by the Cabinet work of the group in 2020 and refused proposals of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine work until the election of a new composition, since Vitrenko’s appointment created a conflict of interest.