- There are two easy methods that admin users can take advantage of to sync SharePoint with OneDrive automatically.
- The OneDrive sync app allows users to configure team site libraries to automatically sync with Group Policy Objects.
- You can configure team site libraries to automatically sync with Intunes administrative templates.
- Alternatively, feel free to configure automatic syncing for a SharePoint library with the Group Policy Editor.
OneDrive It is one of the leading cloud storage services for Windows. Microsoft SharePoint is a collaboration platform that many organizations use for document storage and management.
Users can sync files in the libraries of SharePoint Online with OneDrive for Business on all devices. It has been possible to automatically sync internal SharePoint libraries with a group of users since 2018.
However, there are some prerequisites and limits for automatic SharePoint / OneDrive library syncing. These are the prerequisites and limits:
- The politics OneDrive Files On-Demand Must must be enabled
- You must have Windows 10 (1709) or later
- There is a 1,000 device limit to syncing a specific document library
- OneDrive ADML and ADMX files must be copied to certain directories to enable automatic sync policy for SharePoint libraries (as described below)
- You must have OneDrive for Business installed
- Do not enable automatic syncing for SharePoint libraries that include more than 5,000 files
After all the necessary prerequisites are met, you can configure the SharePoint library to automatically sync with OneDrive through Group Policy Editor or Microsoft Intunes.
To use Group Policy, you will also need Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise. This is how you can sync SharePoint with OneDrive automatically.
How does SharePoint automatically sync with OneDrive?
1. Install the OneDrive ADMX and ADML policy files
- First, open the window of File Browser by clicking the folder button on the taskbar.
- Open this folder in the File Browser : C: Users [USER] AppData Local Microsoft OneDrive 19.043.0304.0004 adm
- Right-click on the file OneDrive.adm x and select Copy .
- Open this folder path: % systemroot% PolicyDefinitions
- Right-click on a space within the file PolicyDefinitions and select Catch .
- Go back to the adm folder in the path specified in step two.
- Then you will need to right-click on OneDrive.adml and select the option Copy .
- Then open the language subfolder (such as en-US or en-UK) within the file PolicyDefinitions .
- Right click on the language subfolder to select Catch , which should add the OneDrive.adml file there.
You will need to install the sync client administration template files as described above for the Intune and Group Policy Editor methods below.
2. Automatically sync SharePoint with OneDrive through Group Policy Editor.
Copy library ID
- Open the Office 365 login page in a web browser.
- Click at button Start Sign in to sign in to your Office 365 account.
- Please select SharePoint to log in.
- Open a SharePoint library that you want to sync with OneDrive.
- Click on the button Sync that shown directly below.
- Then click on the option Copy Library ID at picture Getting ready to sync that opens.
- Verify that you have copied the link by pasting it into a Notepad text file with the key of access Quick Ctrl + V.
Run a system scan to discover possible errors
pc repair tool Restoro
Click on Start scan to find Windows problems.
Click on Repair everything to solve problems with proprietary technologies.
Run a PC scan with Restoro Repair Tool to find errors causing security issues and slowdowns. Once the scan is complete, the repair process will replace the corrupted files with new Windows files and components.
Enable the team site libraries policy
- Enter this text in Run ‘s To open box: gpedit. msc
- Make click on To accept to open the window Group Policy Editor .
- Please select User settings and Administrative Templates within the Group Policy Editor.
- Then select OneDrive on the left of the Group Policy Editor.
- Double click on the directive Configure team site libraries to sync automatically for OneDrive.
- Click on the button Enabled option for that policy.
- Press the button Show for libraries.
- Enter a name for the synced library within a box of Value name in White .
- Then paste the copied library ID into the countryside Value pressing the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + V.
- Make click on To accept in the Show Contents window.
- Press the button Apply and do click on To accept to exit the policy window.
There is also a OneDrive sync policy at Computer Configuration> Admin Templates> OneDrive within Group Policy . That device policy applies to all users who log in.
3. Sincronice SharePoint con OneDrive con Microsoft Intune EndPoint Manager
- Copy the library ID of the library you want to automatically sync as described in the first seven steps of the previous method.
- Login to your administration center Intunes Endpoint Manager within a web browser.
- Click on Devices to the left of Intune.
- Please select Profiles in the left sidebar and click the option Create profile .
- Please select Windows 10 and later at Platform drop-down menu .
- Then select the option Administrative Templates at dropdown menu Profile type .
- Press the button Create to configure the profile.
- Enter the name and optional description of the profile.
- Click on the button Next to continue with configuration settings .
- Please select User settings and OneDrive .
- Then enter Configure team site libraries to sync automatically in the search box to find that policy.
- Select the option Enabled for the directive Configure team site libraries to sync automatically .
- Enter the title of the library in the text box Name .
- Paste the copied library ID into the picture Value .
- Press the button OK .
- You can leave the tab Scope labels in target and click on the option Next .
- In the tab Assignment , you will need to specify a group that includes the target users.
- Click on the buttons Next and Create to end.
Why is my SharePoint not syncing with OneDrive?
Sharepoint sync with OneDrive issues can arise due to installation issues with the OneDrive app and local / server file copy conflicts.
So this is how you can configure SharePoint libraries to automatically sync with OneDrive with Group Policy Editor or Intune.
Regardless of which method you use, keep in mind that a SharePoint library can take up to eight hours to automatically sync the next time you sign in to OneDrive.
Are you still having problems? Fix them with this tool:
- Download this PC repair tool rated excellent on TrustPilot.com (download starts on this page).
- Click on Start scan to find Windows problems that could be causing problems on your PC.
- Click on Repair everything to solve problems with proprietary technologies (exclusive discount for our readers).
Restoro has been downloaded by 540,432 readers this month.