Rospotrebnadzor draws attention to the complication of the epidemiological situation in Wuhan, Hubei Province, China. This is due to the registration of cases of community-acquired pneumonia caused by a new variant of coronaviruses.
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses that includes viruses that can cause a range of diseases in humans – from acute viral infection to severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS, SARS), as well as inflammatory digestive tract. The source of the disease, presumably, are animals, seafood.
Symptoms of coronavirus infection:
– elevated temperature;
– labored breathing.
By primary signs, it is similar to SARS and the flu. In addition, it may look like an intestinal infection and may be accompanied by diarrhea, vomiting, and nausea. To protect yourself from the virus, you need to follow simple rules:
– Wash your hands often with soap. Hand hygiene is an important measure to prevent the spread of infection. Washing with soap removes and destroys germs. If it is not possible to wash your hands with soap, use alcohol-containing or disinfecting wipes.
– Clean and disinfect surfaces using household detergents.
– Cleaning and regular disinfection of surfaces (tables, door handles, chairs, etc.) removes and destroys the virus.
2. Observe distance and etiquette.
– Avoid close contact with sick people. Keep a distance of at least 1 meter from patients.
– Avoid trips and crowded places.
– Cover your mouth and nose with a handkerchief when coughing or sneezing.
– Try not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands. Coronavirus spreads in these ways.
– Wear a mask or use other improvised protective equipment to reduce the risk of illness.
– Avoid unprotected contact with wild and domestic animals.
3. Lead a healthy lifestyle.
It increases the body’s resistance to infection. Follow a healthy regimen, including proper sleep, consumption of foods rich in proteins, vitamins and minerals, and physical activity.
Also refrain from traveling to the PRC until the situation with coronavirus infection stabilizes.