However, if the uric acid in the blood is not filtered out, and causes high uric acid levels or hyperuricemia, it can lead to crystal formation.
In the end, when the crystals settle in the joints, it will cause gout disease. For women, uric acid levels should be below 6 mg / dL, while men should be below 7 mg / dL.
If uric acid levels are too high, here are some of the best ways to lower it naturally Insider:
1. Eat foods that contain a little purine
Purines are chemicals that are produced naturally by the body and are also found in certain foods.
“Most people eat more (purine) than they think,” said Dr. Monya De, an intern in Los Angeles.
Here are foods with high purine levels:
- Internal organ meats, such as liver or kidney.
- Oysters and oily fish, such as anchovies and tuna.
- Vegetables, including asparagus, mushrooms, and spinach.
While the foods below have low purine levels:
- Peanuts and peanut butter.
- Low-fat or non-fat dairy products, including cheese, milk, and yogurt.
2. Consume more vitamin C