The Ministry of Health and Population announced that what is being circulated on social media sites are treatment protocols for the Corona virus, or home isolation protocols that are not affiliated with the ministry and are inaccurate, as they are not the same protocols that are applied inside or outside hospitals, stressing that these wrong protocols are not circulated It may pose a serious risk to the lives of patients or may confuse medical teams working in screening and isolation hospitals.
A statement pointed out that the treatment protocols used to treat emerging coronavirus patients, and the only ones that are applied, were developed by the scientific committee formed by the decision of the Minister of Health and Population, noting that the committee has prepared that treatment protocol based on the information available from all countries of the world since The emergence of the virus, in light of the continuing stage of research on drugs that treat the virus.
The statement pointed out, in this regard, that the Scientific Committee is always keen to follow the available reliable scientific information, to issue amendments to the protocol or add protocols to treat special cases.
The Ministry has appealed to citizens and users of social media to exercise caution in what is being published of treatment protocols for the Corona virus, which may raise suspicion and confusion during that crisis, explaining that the treatment protocols used within hospitals and protocols for domestic isolation are present on the official website of the Ministry of Health and Population and the pages of private official social networking sites The Ministry of Health and Population only.
The statement stated that the procedures for the isolation of people with coronavirus infection from simple cases, after signing the case and diagnosing it in the hospital, are carried out by delivering the patient a protective kits and medicines that include a treatment protocol for both adults and children, according to the condition of the infected person and the treatment protocol to which he is subject, in addition to To a mercury thermometer to measure temperature, “hand gel”, and medical masks, in addition to a health status monitor.
The statement indicated that the patient records his personal data and medical history in the health status follow-up card, where periodic medical follow-up of his health is carried out and laboratory swabs for Corona virus are performed at specific times, until the results of his analyzes are complete and his recovery is complete.
The statement pointed out a set of guidelines that a person subject to domestic isolation must follow are:
• The patient remains for the entire period of isolation in his room, which extends to 14 days after the symptoms end, and the period of isolation for persons without symptoms extends to also 14 days from the day of confirmation of the injury.
Having personal dining utensils for the patient and eating in the isolation room.
• Having natural ventilation and not using a ceiling fan
• Determining one healthy individual (who is not the elderly or who suffers from chronic diseases) who provides food to the affected person, and other supplies such as disinfectants and muzzles and places them on the patient’s door and knocks on the door and moves in front of the door.
The statement added that, before opening the door of his room, the injured person must take the following precautions:
• In the presence of a private bathroom for the patient, the hands should be washed with soap and water for a period of at least half a minute, and in the absence of a private bathroom the hands are rubbed well with alcohol.
• The patient wears the muzzle, takes food and returns to his room.
• Not to go out of his room and in case of necessity to go out to the shared bathroom he wears the muzzle.
• When the patient sits in his room alone, it is not required to wear a muzzle, and when there is wetness with the muzzle, the patient disposes of it with a dedicated bag for that, as is the case with the tissues used in coughing and sneezing. The muzzle is changed daily.
• When the cyst is full to the middle, the patient secures it tightly.
• Hands should be thoroughly washed with soap and water for a period of no less than half a minute after entering the bathroom. This behavior should be continued even after the period of home separation has ended.
• The need to come to the hospital that was diagnosed for the first time at the end of the period of home isolation and at the date scheduled by the follow-up to the work of follow-up and analysis until the confirmation of complete recovery.
He pointed out that in the case of children’s domestic isolation, a healthy parent or family who does not have chronic diseases accompanies the child in the isolation room, with all precautionary measures being taken, including wearing masks and frequent washing of hands.
He pointed out the necessity of the injured person staying in his room throughout the isolation period, always keeping a distance of no less than two meters, wearing a muzzle when dealing with any person, and visits are prohibited during the isolation period, taking into consideration avoiding shaking hands and touching the injured person or its secretions.
He continued that in the event of the development of pathological symptoms, the person subject to domestic isolation must go immediately to the hospital where he was diagnosed and signed for examination, explaining that the development of these symptoms is:
• The temperature continues to rise for more than 3 days
Shortness of breath
Chest pain that impairs breathing
Two approaches during rest
Signs of dehydration / cramps (especially children)
Disturbance of consciousness
• Or other signs that indicate the severity of the disease after checking with the person monitoring or calling the hotline 105.
The Ministry of Health and Population continues to raise its preparations in all governorates, follow the situation first-hand regarding the “emerging corona” virus, and take all necessary precautions against any viruses or infectious diseases, as the hotline “105” and “15335” has been allocated to receive citizens’ inquiries about a virus Corona emerging and infectious diseases.