Pemprov DKI Jakarta issued provisions on operating hours evening entertainment during The Holy Month of Ramadan. Pemprov DKI threatens to impose sanctions for violators of these provisions.
Provisions for operating hours are contained in the Circular of the Head of the DKI Jakarta Tourism and Creative Economy Agency Number: e-0009/SE/2023 per March 21, 2023. This Circular regulates the implementation and operating hours of several types of tourism businesses to respect the implementation of the holy month of Ramadan and Hari Raya. Eid al-Fitr.
Night Club-Disco Open until 00.00, Massage House 23.00
The Circular contains provisions on operating hours for a number of nightlife entertainment and other tourism businesses. The details are as follows:
1. Night club at 20.30-24.00 WIB
2. Discotheque at 20.30-24.00 WIB
3. Take a steam bath at 11.00-23.00 WIB
4. Massage house at 11.00-23.00 WIB
5. Manual, mechanical and/or electronic dexterity game arena for adults at 11.00-24.00 WIB
6. Stand-alone bar/drinking house at 11.00-24.00 WIB
7. Family karaoke at 14.00-24.00 WIB
8. Executive karaoke at 20.30-24.00 WIB.
9. Billiards/honeyball house business at 11.00-24.00 WIB.
In the Circular Letter, the operational time for the above-mentioned tourism business has been regulated at a maximum of 24.00 WIB. The payment process (close bill) must be made one hour before the closing time for business operations, so that by 24.00 all operations have stopped. This was done to honor the holy month of Ramadan and still pay attention to the transition period towards endemic according to Minister of Home Affairs Decree No. 53 of 2022 concerning Prevention and Control of Corona Virus Disease 2019 During the Transition to Endemic.
Read more on the next page.