Gemünden am Main: Woman (68) dies in a residential building, was it poisoning?

On Tuesday, a 68-year-old woman died in a fire brigade in Gemünden am Main (Lower Franconia): Was it carbon monoxide poisoning?

Gemünden am Main – A rescue mission in Gemünden am Main in the Lower Franconian district of Main-Spessart ended tragically on Tuesday afternoon: any help came too late for a 68-year-old woman.

The rescue service could no longer help a 68 year old woman (symbol picture). © Montage: Nicolas Armer / dpa, Julian Stratenschulte / dpa

The woman had stayed with her 72-year-old husband in the bedroom of their shared apartment in a two-family house in Wernweg in Gemünden, the police said.

“There, the couple’s son, who lives on the upper floor of the house, found his parents motionless around 4:30 p.m.,” said a spokesman. The 35-year-old immediately made an emergency call.

When the rescue service arrived, a carbon monoxide detector triggered the alarm from the helpers. The couple were then taken out of the building through the windows as quickly as possible.

The 72-year-old was approachable at this point, but his wife was unconscious.

“Despite all the efforts of the emergency doctor and the rescue service, the 68-year-old woman died on site,” said the police spokesman.

Numerous fire brigades were on duty with breathing apparatus. The criminal police in Würzburg has started the investigation into the death of the woman.

The Kripo is currently assuming that carbon monoxide poisoning could have led to the woman’s death.

On Wednesday, specialists from the State Criminal Police Office are to carry out further examinations in the house in Gemünden am Main.

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on email
Email

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Trending