Wednesday, 22 Mar 2023 08:35 WIB
Illustration. Price list for 13 electric motorbikes after receiving a subsidy of IDR 7 million. (Photo: CNN Indonesia/Rayhand Purnama Karim JP)
Jakarta, CNNIndonesia —
The government announced the award subsidy electric motorbikes starting March 20 2023. Assistance of IDR 7 million per unit applies to 13 battery-based motorbike models produced in Indonesia.
The number of electric motorbike companies (brands) has increased from previously only three, namely Gesits, Volta and Selis. Meanwhile, five other brands that are now joining as subsidy recipients are United, Smoot, Viar, Rakata and Polytron.
Taufiek Bawazier, Director General of Metal, Machinery, Transportation Equipment and Electronics (ILMATE) of the Ministry of Industry, revealed that these eight companies have met the requirements, namely that their products are produced locally with a minimum Domestic Content Level (TKDN) of 40 percent.
“The number of two-wheeled Battery-Based Electric Motor Vehicle (KBLBB) companies that have TKDN 40 percent per day are eight companies with 13 vehicle models,” said Taufiek in Jakarta, Tuesday (21/3).
Taufiek added that this year’s new electric motorbike subsidy only applies to 200 thousand units, while in 2024 it will reach 600 thousand units. In total, the subsidies that have been disbursed by the government for the past two years will be given to 800 thousand units.
Can’t raise the price
The government has banned brand holder agents (APM) for electric motorbikes from increasing the selling price of their products while receiving subsidies for the 2023-2024 period. The government will impose sanctions on APM who are caught rogue in raising prices while receiving subsidies.
These provisions are contained in Regulation of the Minister of Industry Number 6 of 2023 concerning Guidelines for Providing Government Assistance for the Purchase of Two-Wheel Battery-Based Electric Motorized Vehicles. This regulation was signed by the Minister of Industry Agus Gumiwang on Monday (20/3).
Article 11 of the regulation states that industrial companies that produce electric motors and are enrolled in the assistance program may not increase their selling prices since they are determined as participants in the assistance program.
They are also prohibited from changing production components which result in a decrease in the TKDN value to less than the minimum TKDN requirement of 40 percent.
“Industrial companies that violate the provisions referred to in Article 11 are subject to administrative sanctions in the form of revocation from the assistance program participation,” reads Article 23 Paragraph (1).
Price list for 13 electric motorbikes after receiving a subsidy of IDR 7 million
1. Gesits G1 – IDR 21.7 million (before subsidies IDR 28.7 million)
2. United T1800 – IDR 23.5 million (before subsidies IDR 30.5 million)
3. United TX3000 – IDR 42.9 million (before subsidies IDR 49.9 million)
4. United TX1800 – IDR 26.9 million (before subsidies IDR 33.9 million)
5. Combat Electric Smoot – IDR 11.5 million (before subsidies IDR 18.5 million)
6. Zuzu Electric Smoot – IDR 12.9 million (before subsidies IDR 19.9 million)
7. Volta 401 – IDR 9.95 million (before subsidies IDR 16.95 million)
8. Selis E-MAX – IDR 9.9 million (before subsidies IDR 16.9 million)
9. Selis Agats – IDR 18.9 million (before subsidies IDR 25.9 million)
10. Viar New Q1 – IDR 14 million (before subsidies IDR 21 million)
11. Rakata X5 – IDR 15.1 million (before subsidies IDR 22.1 million)
12. Rakata S9 – Rp10 juta (sebelum subsidi Rp17 juta)
13. Polytron PEV 30M1 (Fox-R) – IDR 13.5 million (before subsidies IDR 20.5 million)