Fugitive accused of murdering high-performance athlete in Texas fled to NYC – Telemundo New York (47)

Law enforcement believe Kaitlin Marie Armstrong, suspected of fatally shooting elite cyclist Anna Moriah “Mo” Wilson in Texas, may have fled to New York City after the crime.

Armstrong, an Austin-based real estate agent and yoga teacher, boarded a flight to Houston’s Hobby Airport and then took a connecting flight to New York’s LaGuardia Airport, according to the news release.

The woman was last seen wearing a black shirt with a pink design across the chest, white jeans, a blue jean jacket, black and white sneakers, and a black face mask. She may have had a yoga mat carrier on her shoulders, according to the statement.

Armstrong, 34, would have gunned down Wilson on May 11. The cyclist had dated Armstrong’s boyfriend, so investigators suspect that her murder was motivated by jealousy. A murder warrant was issued for Armstrong on May 17.

The inquest found that on the night of the murder, Wilson had been staying at a friend’s house in Austin to prepare for a race, according to an arrest affidavit filed by police in Travis County District Court.

The preliminary investigation revealed that cyclist Colin Strickland, Armstrong’s ex-boyfriend, dropped Wilson off at his friend’s house around 8:36 pm, Austin police said Wednesday. Wilson had previously been in a romantic relationship with Strickland while he and Armstrong were briefly separated. Strickland told investigators that he and Wilson went swimming and had dinner earlier that day.

Just minutes after Strickland dropped off Wilson, neighborhood surveillance cameras picked up another vehicle, which investigators later linked to Armstrong, police said.

Officers responded to Wilson’s home shortly before 10 p.m., where they found her dying with gunshot wounds, according to police. Her death was declared at the scene.

A day after the murder, Armstrong was pulled over on an unrelated misdemeanor warrant and questioned about whether her vehicle had been at the scene of the murder, but that interview ended almost immediately, police said.

She was then “mistakenly released” from custody due to a discrepancy in the date of birth listed on the court order, police said. However, authorities did not provide further details.

Ballistic evidence later confirmed that one of the firearms authorities found at Armstrong and Strickland’s home was the gun that was fired in Wilson’s murder.

The suspect weighs approximately 125 pounds and is about 5 feet 8 inches tall.

Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to contact the US Marshals Service at 1-800-336-0102.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Never miss any important news. Subscribe to our newsletter.