Shop sustainably at one of the 23 farmers’ markets in Graz
Graz is a true paradise for friends of regional fruit and vegetables, high-quality cow, sheep and goat cheeses, meat and sausage products and other Styrian delicacies. Farmers from Graz and the surrounding area supply us with fresh, seasonal and healthy goods for a sustainable and tasty life. Take your shopping basket, cloth bags and glasses with you. Then you can also buy mostly “zero waste” at the market.
With our purchases at the farmer’s market, we also best support the farmers, who receive the most important part of their income through direct marketing. With conscious purchases on the market, we make an important contribution to the preservation of small businesses.
Photos: © hudin – Sustainable in Graz
Every day (except Sundays and public holidays) there is a farmer’s market or organic farmer’s market at various places in the city. This means that Graz has the highest density of farmers’ markets in all of Central Europe! Some of them also set up their stands in the afternoon. All Graz markets are also easily accessible by bike and public transport. Try it out, because shopping can hardly be healthier, more environmentally and climate-friendly!
The stalls in the markets are run exclusively by small producers from the surrounding area who sell their own products. Freshness and high quality are thus guaranteed. The range is wide and ranges from original products and rarities to processed specialties.
All Graz farmers’ markets at a glance (we have already described some of them in more detail):
- 8010 St. Leonhard: Kaiser Josef Square: MO-SA 6.00-13.00 * #
- 8010 St. Leonhard: St. LeonhardKirchplatz Pfarre St. Leonhard, Leonhardplatz 14, 8010 Graz MI 12.00-16.00 #
- 8010 St. Leonhard: Organic farmers market Herz-Jesu-Kirche OF 14.00–18.00 #
- 8010 Geidorf: GeidorfGeidorfplatz, 8010 Graz WED + SA 6.00-13.00 * #
- 8010 Geidorf: Hasnerplatz WED + SA 6.00-13.00 *
- 8020 Lend: land place: MO-SA 6.00-13.00 * #
- 8042 St. Peter: St. PeterSt. Peter-Pfarrweg SAT 6.00 a.m. – 1.00 p.m., TUE 11.30 a.m. – 7.00 p.m. (Mar-Nov, otherwise only on Saturdays) * #
- 8010 Ries: Ragnitz: Ragnitzstraße 166, 8047 Ragnitz: DI + FR 6.00 – 13.00 * #
- 8045 Andritz: AndritzAndritzer Reichsstr. 35a, 8045 Graz SAT 6 a.m. – 1 p.m., TUE 9.30 a.m. – 7 p.m. (March – Nov only, otherwise only on Saturdays) * #
- 8020 semolina: Trieste settlementVinzenz-Muchitsch-Str. WED + SA 6.00-13.00 *
- 8020 semolina: Griesplatz regional bus stop every first Friday of the month 3.00-6.00 p.m
- 8020 semolina: City Park Farmer’s Market on the ground floor FR 10.00-16.00 #
- 8020 Eggenberg: HofbauerplatzHofbauerplatz WED + FRI + SAT 6.00-13.00 * #
- 8052 Wetzelsdorf: Wetzelsdorfparking lot inn Lindenwirt WED 3pm-6pm, SAT 6am-1pm (Apr – Oct, otherwise only on Saturdays) *
- 8052 Wetzelsdorf: Grottenhof organic farmer’s marketKrottendorferstr. 110, 8052 Graz FR 12.00-16.00
- 8041 Liebenau: Liebenauer farmer’s market, Liebenauer Hauptstr. 234 FR 13.00-17.00 * #
- 8043 Mariatrost: Mariagrün FR 13.00-18.00
- 8051 Gösting: Farmer’s market in GostingWiener Str. 266, SAT 6 a.m. – 1 p.m
- 8054 street walk: Straßgang farmers marketKärntnerstr. 451 SA 6.00-12.00
- 8051 Gösting: Shopping Nord SA 07.00-13.00 *
- 8020 Eggenberg: Reininghaus groundsReininghauspark, 8020 Graz FR 13.00-17.00
- 8043 Mariatrost: Mariatrostterminus line 1 SA 07.00-13.00
- 8010 Kainbach: Hönigtal (regional marketplace) FR 15.00-18.00
* also accept the Farmer’s Market vouchers
# there should be a cloth bag stand here
At 14 farmer’s markets, the market coupons „Graz Market Enjoyment’ (these markets are marked with an * in our list). Available in Good SchlossbergAt the foot of the Schlossberg 2, TUE-SUN, 10 a.m.-7 p.mwhere there are also numerous delicacies from all over Austria.
You can find more about this in our article Farmer’s market vouchers.
Am Grottenhof organic farmer’s market there are market vouchers for 5 euros, directly from the stall holders.
City of Graz vouchers can also be redeemed at these 14 farmers’ markets.
Cloth bag stand
There is already a cloth bag stand at some farmers’ markets in Graz. Initiated by the association “Nachhaltig in Graz”, initially adapted children’s clothes stands, now upcycled slatted frames by the association “Die Manufaktur”. They invite you to give away used (clean) cloth bags and/or to take them if necessary, thus conserving resources. In our list above, these markets are marked with a #. If you would like to see a stand like this at your local farmers’ market, please get in touch with us right away, or even better: ask us straight away if you would like it. We organize the line-up (contact).
More about this here: cloth bag stand
Other interesting links:
Pure organic farmers markets:
This article first appeared on October 23, 2017 and was last extensively updated on July 5, 2022.
If you don’t want to miss any important posts or dates from ‘Sustainable in Graz’, please subscribe to our newsletter! It comes irregularly and not too often – I promise!
If you like what we have been doing on this platform, namely providing information about sustainable projects, climate and environmental protection since 2017, then please support us financially so that we can continue our website in this quality and abundance – every contribution helps us !
Association “Sustainable in Graz”
IBAN: AT20 2081 5000 4200 1552
Purpose: donation/sponsorship (More on sponsorship here)