Expert Warns of Deadly Risk in Soaked Fungus: Tips for Safe Handling and Eating

If the fungus is soaked for too long, it may be poisoned and killed after eating?

A 57-year-old woman in Hangzhou experienced food poisoning symptoms such as vomiting and abdominal pain after eating cold fungus, and then fell into a state of shock and nearly died. Some experts pointed out that if the fungus is soaked for more than one time, it may breed bacteria or produce toxins, leading to food poisoning, which can be fatal in severe cases.

profile picture

According to comprehensive internal media reports, the woman soaked the black fungus in water earlier and kept them in the refrigerator for refrigeration. She took out the fungus and ate them with cold salad two days later. However, one hour after eating, she developed symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, and severe abdominal pain. After being admitted to the hospital, her condition was slightly relieved.

In the evening of the same day, her condition suddenly deteriorated, and she began to vomit, have diarrhea and develop a high fever. The next morning, she was sent to the hospital by her family because of a trance. After arriving at the hospital, her limbs were cold and she went into shock for a while. The doctor said that her body’s inflammation index continued to soar, and she suffered from myocardial damage, abnormal blood coagulation function, liver and kidney function deterioration, etc., and even required kidney dialysis. Fortunately, she was rescued and saved her life.

In this regard, Dr. Fang Kun, Director of the Intensive Care Department of Hangzhou Red Cross Hospital, said that the woman was poisoned by eating fungus. When the fungus is soaked for a long time, bacteria called “Burkholderia poisonous” may grow. This bacterium can produce “oryzinic acid”, and there is a fatal risk if ingestion is as long as 1 to 1.5 mg. Oryzae acid toxin is resistant to high temperature and cannot be removed even by high temperature cooking.

read more articles


2023-05-31 23:15:08

#woman #ate #cold #fungus #shocked #died #expert #revealed #soaking #time #caused #trouble #Life #Matters

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Recent News

Editor's Pick