Europe-wide manhunt: One hundred clues to ex-RAF terrorists

Interpol is looking for the ex-RAF terrorists Dust and Garweg across Europe. So far, around 100 reports have been received. Investigators hope for the “decisive tip”. The terrorists are said to be responsible for several murders.

The pan-European search for two former members of the former terrorist group Red Army Faction (RAF) has so far revealed 101 new clues. This was announced by the State Criminal Police Office in Hanover on request of the “Neue Osnabrücker Zeitung”. Details of ongoing proceedings could not be given, said a spokesman.

Part of the third generation

At the beginning of May, the investigators had Ernst-Volker Staub and Burkhard Garweg’s profiles put on Europol’s “Europe’s Most Wanted” list. Together with their alleged colleague Daniela Klette, the two are assigned to the third generation of the RAF and are said to be responsible for several murders – among others to Treuhand boss Detlev Karsten Rohwedder (1991) and Deutsche Bank boss Alfred Herrhausen (1989).

LKA boss Friedo de Vries had said about the search:

“The unscrupulousness and ruthlessness with which the perpetrators have endangered their lives justifies the inclusion of the refugees on the list of the most wanted criminals in Europe.”

With the publication in Europe and thanks to the associated attention, one hoped for “the decisive tip”.

The cooking path, dust and burdock disappeared after the RAF was dissolved. They are supposed to finance their underground life with raids. The responsible public prosecutor’s office in Verden said that the suspects are currently attributed to twelve robberies. Together with Staub and Garweg, burdock is said to have attacked money transporters, till offices and supermarkets, partly with gun violence, especially in northern Germany.

Robbery on money transporters

After decades in the underground, the three left-wing terrorists were again targeted by the police after a robbery on a money transporter in June 2016 in Stuhr near Bremen. After the fact, fingerprints of the three were found. Subsequently, the search was carried out in northern Germany, the Netherlands, where there was a trail, as well as in Spain, France and Italy. At first it was said that everyone should be put out to tender for a Europe-wide search.

When asked by the newspaper, the LKA spokesman referred to the current rules, according to which each state may only publish two personal names. Therefore, the wanted entry for Daniela Klette was put on hold.

NDR Info reported on this topic on July 2, 2020 at 3:15 p.m.


.

Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on pinterest
Pinterest
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on email
Email

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Trending