Elon Musk acquired Bugatti in the Balkans

Mate Rimac is called Elon Musk in the Balkans.

Croatian electric supercar startup Rimac Automobili takes over Bugatti. Its owner Mate Rimac will hold a 55% controlling stake in the new company Bugatti-Rimac, and VW’s Porsche will hold the remaining 45%.

“Rimac and Bugatti are the perfect team. As a young, agile and fast-paced automotive and technology company, we have established ourselves as a pioneer in the electrical technology industry. With the Nevera model, we have also proven that we can develop and produce exceptional hypercars that are not only fast, but also exciting and high quality. Bugatti, with more than a century of engineering experience, has one of the most outstanding legacies of a car company in history, “said in an official statement Rimac founder and CEO Mate Rimac, referred to in the Western press as Elon Misak in the Balkans.

The company recently unveiled the Nevera model, a hypercar powered by a 120-kilowatt-hour battery and four electric motors to achieve a staggering 1.4 megawatts of power, which is about 1914 horsepower. The car can accelerate from 0 to 100 km / h in 1.85 seconds and has a top speed of 460 km / h. The Croatian Nevera is expected to become the fastest sports car, a place now occupied by the Bugatti Chiron.

The new car company Bugatti-Rimac will be based in Zagreb and will officially start operating at the end of the year. Porsche owns 24% of Rimac after already investing $ 83m in the Croatian company. Bugatti-Rimac will produce two cars – the current Chiron and the electric Nevera. The development of jointly developed new models – hybrids and electric supercar is forthcoming.

One of Elon Musk’s previous cars in the Balkans – Rimac Concept One, is the only hypercar in the world in which there is a Bulgarian participation. The design and construction of the interior are the work of the Sofia tuning studio Vilner.

Mate Rimac was born in Bosnia in 1988, but when he was three, his family moved to Germany, where his father worked. The Rimac family returned to Croatia in 2000. In the last year of his education, young Mate developed a glove that had the same commands as a computer keyboard. He has won many awards for his innovation and when he was 18, he bought a BMW 323i from 1984. When his engine broke down, Mate decided to replace it with an electric one, so he bought parts online and assembled them himself.

Rimac also manufactures electric bicycles under the Greyp brand. This small company was ignored until the Frankfurt Motor Show in 2011, when it introduced the Rimac Concept One. The company spent two years developing the model and patenting 24 innovations for electric cars.

.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Trending