The Department of Culture and Heritage Recovery of the Murcia City Council, through cultural centers, and the Municipal Board of Santiago and Zaraiche will turn the palm grove of this district into a cultural space where music and nature will coexist during the month of July. The concerts will be held on Thursday and Friday nights and the capacity will be controlled so that it does not exceed 45 people.
“We continue to promote three strategies of the Government Team: on the one hand, the recovery of spaces for Murcian; on the other, bringing culture closer to everyone, making it accessible, transferring it to places where it usually does not exist, and, finally, promoting talent Murcia and support the cultural sector after the COVID-19 crisis, “explained Councilor Jesús Pacheco.
The concerts will be acoustic, totally free and will include local artists of different styles such as folk, pop or traditional music. To carry out the cycle “The nights of the palm grove”, different preventive safety and hygiene measures will be established and the natural environment will be respected to the maximum. The use of a mask will be mandatory to access.
The schedule is as follows:
- Thursday 9: Fernando Rubio & The Inner Demons. Acoustic trio
- Friday 10: Pedro Cabrera and Emilio del Carmelo Tomás Loba. Trovo squad
- Thursday 16: Crimson
- Friday 17: José Travel Montoya Trovera Association “El Repuntín”. Group “El Patiñero”
- Thursday 23: Road Ramos
- Friday 24: Tomás García and Francisco Frutos. Popular verses of the 19th and 20th centuries
- Jueves 30: Oh Brother!
- Friday 31: Zaraiche gang. Traditional Music From La Huerta