Eikichi Yazawa “I don’t think I’m home refugees” at “Typhoon live performance” Hundreds of people waiting for a taxi … Entertainment company “Solved at 10.30pm”: J-CAST News[Testo completo]

While typhoon no. 14 approaching Kyushu, rock singer Eikichi Yazawa (73) gave a concert at the Fukuoka PayPay Dome in Chuo Ward, Fukuoka City, and according to police, hundreds of people have temporarily lined up at the taxi rank.

The concert organizer explained to the interviewer: “ The taxi waiting time disappeared at 10:30 pm and there were a lot of free seats in the hotel, so we don’t think there were any refugees returning home. ”

  • From Eikichi Yazawa’s official Twitter account (@official_YAZAWA)

  • Announced on Eikichi Yazawa's official website

    Announced on Eikichi Yazawa’s official website

  • From Eikichi Yazawa's official Twitter account (@official_YAZAWA)
  • Announced on Eikichi Yazawa's official website

It was reported that there was a tens of meters line at the dome taxi stand

In the city of Fukuoka, etc., other great musicians were supposed to give concerts on September 18, 2022, but they announced the cancellations one after the other due to the approaching typhoon. Under such circumstances, Mr. Yazawa is said to have held a concert.

On the same day, Mr. Yazawa’s official website announced that the event would be held after receiving many emails from fans saying, “Please keep it!” However, he asked: “Only those who can guarantee security at their discretion and those who are returning home, please come.”

The concert was reportedly nearly full, but by the time it finished around 8pm, the buses and trains had stopped running. Hundreds of fans lined up in tens of meters at the dome’s taxi rank, heading home in the wind and rain.

The next day, on the 19th, there was a post on Twitter where soaking wet fans asked for a room in a nearby hotel and in some cases spent the night in the lobby. The account that posted this post has since been deleted and the truth is unknown.

However, there have been televised broadcasts of struggling fans on their way home, and various opinions have been written on Twitter. Many fans welcomed the concert and pointed out that even though they had trouble getting home, it was “a matter of self-responsibility”. On the other hand, there were also harsh opinions, such as “Of course, there are people who are stuck at home” and “It would have been unreasonable to force this”.

Fukuoka City “I wanted you to think a little more about the safety of the participants”

According to a J-CAST News interview at the Fukuoka Prefecture Central Police Station on September 20, there were hundreds of fans waiting for a taxi after the concert ended. There was a call to 110 that said, “I’m feeling scared.”

In response, the police asked the organizers to consider ensuring the safety of the fans so that they were not exposed to the elements. After that, he said that fans waited in the Dome parking lot, which is protected from wind and rain, and that the waiting for taxis disappeared after 11pm.

He is not aware of any cases of fans traveling to a nearby hotel asking for a room and spending the night in the lobby.

As for the concert, if a major flood occurs, it may be advised that it will be canceled, but it is up to the organizer to decide whether to hold it or not, and the police have the authority to stop the concert based on forecast weather conditions. that there is not

On the 20th, the Fukuoka City Disaster Prevention Promotion Division told an interviewer what happened at the time.

“When I asked the department that has a global agreement with the Dome to investigate the situation, I heard that they set up a hotel for those who couldn’t go home and got a taxi. Rumor has it that he spent the night in the lobby. I do not know the case. If it is a city-related event, we can respond appropriately, but this time it will be a private event that will be held at a private facility. As a city, I would like to request something in particular. I didn’t, but I knew in advance that the transports would stop, so I would have liked you to think a little more about the safety of the participants. “

On the same day, the manager of Kyodo West Japan (Fukuoka City), who handled the delivery concert from Yazawa’s office, responded to the interview as follows.

“As for the wait for a taxi, it was resolved by 10:30 pm. I went to the lobby of a nearby hotel, but there were a lot of free rooms and I didn’t hear anything from fans spending the night here. I don’t know. I think there have been refugees who have returned home after the concert. “

(Hiroyuki Noguchi, editorial department of J-CAST News)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Never miss any important news. Subscribe to our newsletter.