The anticovid vaccination continues in Chuquisaca.
Last week, from Chuquisaca they suggested to the Ministry of Health to authorize the application of a fifth dose of anticovid due to the risk of a new wave of the coronavirus pandemic.
And this Friday, Health Minister Jeyson Auza not only declared the start of the sixth wave, but also indicated that the administration of a new booster dose of the coronavirus vaccine is authorized.
He clarified that the Ministry of Health no longer manages doses as a third, fourth or fifth, but has established that the full scheme consists of two doses and that the subsequent ones are reinforcements applicable six months after the last.
In this way, the Chuquisaca Departmental Health Service (Sedes) will begin applying the fifth dose in the vaccination centers set up in the department.
For this, more than 100,000 doses of the Sinopharm vaccine available in Chuquisaca will be used, said the director of the headquarters, Juan José Fernández.
“We are ready to administer the fifth dose, practically from today (Monday). Those who have completed the four to six months can go to a vaccination center,” Fernández said.
He indicated that the department is at an intermediate point between the fifth and sixth waves, for this reason he called to continue with vaccination and biosecurity measures to prevent the increase in covid-19 infections.
After a day without infections, Chuquisaca reported five new cases of covid-19 on Monday, all in the municipality of Sucre. Thus, the department registers 17 assets.
If you want more information you can subscribe to our official channels: