Al-Marsad Newspaper: Karmos is a type of fig, and it has many different health benefits, according to Web Medicine.
The most important benefits of carmus and figs:
1. Control your blood sugar levels
2. Promote heart health
The same study (mentioned earlier) indicated that carmus leaf extract played a role in lowering cholesterol and triglyceride levels in the body. This, in turn, reflects positively on heart health and protects it from various diseases.
3. Rich in nutrients
The carmus fig is a good source of many important nutrients, and it also contains vitamins C, D, A, K, B, potassium, magnesium, iron, zinc, copper, and others, such as: good levels of calcium, which help prevent coronary artery disease. Osteoporosis and other bone related problems. Rich in antioxidants, in a study conducted in 2005, it was found that dried figs contain high-quality antioxidants, which work to resist free radicals that harm the cells of the body. It is low in calories and does not contain fat, which means that it is good for people who are overweight and want to lose weight.
4. Improving skin health One of the benefits of carmos is that it helps improve skin health and fight various skin problems. A study published in the International Journal of Dermatology found that the fig tree helps treat warts. In addition, the use of figs helps moisturize and nourish the skin, as figs can be ground and applied to the skin in circular motions. It is believed that the ground fig mask helps relieve acne, but there is no scientific evidence for this yet.
5. Promoting hair health Figs are rich in iron, which is a very important mineral for hair growth and health. It is worth noting that figs are included as an ingredient in many shampoos and conditioners, as it strengthens and moisturizes hair and promotes its growth.
6. Contribute to the treatment of fever A study conducted on mice showed that carmus leaf extract specifically helped lower body temperature by about 5 degrees Celsius. However, there is still a dearth of studies on this topic, or even an explanation of this relationship.
7. Treating Digestive Problems Figs have laxative properties, meaning that they help treat constipation specifically. Where a scientific study showed that carmus, due to its high level of dietary fiber, has helped in treating the problem of constipation by improving bowel movement and reducing stomach pain and feeling uncomfortable.
8. Other benefits of carmus In addition to the other benefits of carmos, eating carmos figs may be beneficial in the following aspects as well: Helping to treat erectile dysfunction and sexual desire. Contribute to the treatment of certain types of cancer. Protect and promote liver health.