Died of food poisoning

When a local congregation dined at The Crewe Arms Village Pub in Northamptonshire, England, it ended in tragedy.

A 92-year-old woman in the congregation died and 31 others were poisoned with food, after eating a Shepherd’s pie. The meat in the pie was incorrectly cooked and was not cooked through, writes The Guardian.

The deceased woman vomited repeatedly before she died.

The incident happened in 2018, and the chef was recently sentenced to four months probation, with twelve months probation.

– Hurried me

– I hate to say it, I really hate to say it, but I think I was in a hurry, the chef is said to have said during the trial.

He further said that he has been working with food for 20 years, and that he is now “a better chef”, due to the terrible incident.

– To say that I regret is an understatement. This is something I will never forget. Because of this incident, I have become a better cook.

POWER PRICES: Anita Bjørnevig Knutsen appeared in the Debate on NRK with Fredrik Solvang to discuss the challenges surrounding the high electricity prices in Norway. Video / NRK
view more

– Had to suddenly go

The judge in the case, Sarah Campbell, said: «8. October 2018, 35 villagers went to the Crewe Arms for a meal. 32 people ate the pie. One person died of a gastrointestinal bleeding caused by vomiting.

Furthermore, the judge is said to have said that the minced meat was not cooked properly, and was placed in a pan with ice water.

– The chef suddenly had to go, and put the minced meat in foil and leave it in the fridge overnight. The next day he cooked it again and added mashed potatoes. He did not take the temperature of the pie when it was served, Cambell said of the incident that led to the food poisoning.

Members of the congregation have subsequently said that they do not want redress from the owner of the pub, or the chef, who no longer works there.

The judge is said to have consulted with several in the local community about the incident. Campbell believes the fatal food loss was a one-time incident.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Trending