ARENDAL (VG) Prime Minister Jonas Gahr Støre harshly attacked Rødt during the party leadership debate in Arendal. – It is not market forces that cause chaos – it is Vladimir Putin who is causing chaos in Europe, Støre said.
Updated less than 20 minutes ago
Prime Minister Jonas Gahr Støre (Ap) points out that the electricity system served Norway well before the war.
– They talk as if this war doesn’t exist. Therefore, to compensate, we spend up to NOK 40 billion. This is to address a crisis that is here and now, says Støre.
– It is not market forces that devastate, it is Vladimir Putin who devastates Europe.
It goes to the gorge of FRP and Rødt:
– They are against anything that should produce more power. And Moxnes is also against climate solutions. This is connected: responsible politics, we must produce more power and we must support those who struggle to foot the bill.
He was interrupted by slogans
When Guri Melby (V) was about to give a speech, she was interrupted by two people shouting slogans.
– Declare a state of emergency for the climate, a man shouted several times.
– Life for profit, cried a woman.
In the end, Melby still got the job. Activists were turned away from the hall.
Activist group Extinction Rebellion took responsibility for the incident in a press release shortly after.
– When the authorities fail, we have a duty to remind you that you have earned our trust to solve the enormous climate challenges we face. We must also remind you that this trust exists only as long as we citizens trust you. Now this confidence is broken, says Susanne Lone, one of those who participated in the action, in the statement.
WATCH THE VIDEO: Here the debate is interrupted by the slogans of the hall.
Vladimir Putin’s war of aggression against Ukraine has been a topic for many of the party’s leaders, including Melby:
– We will not only solve a price crisis for Norwegian consumers, but we will also solve a climate crisis. Moxnes is luring us into a trap set by Vladimir Putin, he said.
Moxnes replied with his own accusation against Putin:
– The left is falling into Putin’s trap. They accept that the consequences of Putin’s gas restriction will spill over to Norwegian consumers, he said.
Strøm is the main topic of Norwegian politics right now – and the only topic in an hour and a half debate between party leaders in Arendalsuka.