Death after gas leak at cabin – NRK Vestfold and Telemark – Local news, TV and radio

The emergency services moved out on Monday after a report from AMK about a possible gas leak at a cabin in the mountain area between Numedal and Tinnsjø.

– We received a report about the discovery of two lifeless people in a cabin. We moved out with large resources, says operations manager in the South-East police district, Roger Aaser.

A woman in her 60s was confirmed dead. A man in his 70s has been sent to hospital by air ambulance. The extent of the damage is not known.

– For us, this appears to be a tragic accident. We have no reason to suspect anything else, says Aaser.

There were two people who stayed in the cabin. The police have spoken to witnesses and are now waiting for a forensic technician to investigate the scene.

The site is cordoned off, and the police have a patrol there.

The place is located between Tinnsjø and Veggli.

Leakage from propane tank

Head of emergency preparedness in the Tinn fire brigade, Robert Saunes, says that they first received a report that there had been a propane leak in the cabin.

– It was a random person passing by who notified about the leak, says Saunes.

The air ambulance was already in place when the fire brigade arrived at the scene.

The leak is said to have come from a small propane tank.

The fire brigade has left the scene, after venting the gas.

– Now the police will carry out their investigation, says Saunes.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.