KOMPAS.com – Spread corona virus globally, it is still increasing day by day.
Of these, 28,577,914 (28.5 million) patients had recovered, and 1,085,090 people died.
Up to now, there are 8,365,081 active cases, with details of 8,296,088 patients with mild conditions and 68,993 in serious conditions.
Here are 10 countries with the highest number of Covid-19 cases:
1. United States of America, 8,036,894 cases, 220,010 people died, the total recovered 5,174,828.
2. India, 7,173,345 cases, 109,894 people died, the total recovered 6,224,621.
3. Brazil, 5,103,408 cases, 150,709 people died, the total recovered 4,495,269.
4. Russia, 1,312,310 cases, 22,722 people died, a total healed 1,024,235.
5. Colombia, 919,083 cases, 27,985 people died, total recovered 798,396.
6. Spain, 918,223 cases and 33,124 people died.
7. Argentina, 903,730 cases, 24,186 people died, 732,582 total recovered.
8. Peru, 849,371 cases, 33,305 people died, 743,969 total cured.
9. Mexico, 817,503 cases, 83,781 people died, total cured 594,180.
10. France, 743,479 cases, 32,779 people died, a total of 100,828 recovered.
Also read: How to Distinguish Flu from Covid-19?
Case corona virus in Indonesia an increase was recorded, both in the number of cases, recovered, and who died.
Until Monday (12/10/2020) at 12.00 WIB, positive cases of Covid-19 had increased by 3,267. So that the current number is 336,716 people.
Meanwhile, for recovered cases, there were also an additional 3,494 people.
The addition also brings the total number of patients who have recovered to 258,519 people.
However, the number of patients who died due to Covid-19 infection also increased by 91 people.
So, the number of patients who have died has now reached 11,935 people.
The British government launched a three-tier lockdown plan in a bid to slow the re-emerging coronavirus outbreak.
Launch Al Jazeera, Monday (12/10/2020), meanwhile, Liverpool is included in the highest risk category for the spread of Covid-19.
Prime Minister Boris Johnson said the three-tiered national system was designed to “simplify and standardize” a patchwork of confusing local rules about what residents can and cannot do.
Johnson said shops, schools and universities will remain open in all areas.
Also read: Some Notes on the British Recession …
Still from the same source, Mexico made a payment of US $ 159 million or the equivalent of Rp. 2.3 trillion to get the Covid-19 vaccine.
The Covid-19 Vaccine Global Access Facility (COVAX) is a multilateral initiative that is running trials on several potential vaccines.
The payments, made to those administering COVAX, will allow Mexico to obtain enough doses of the vaccine to immunize up to a fifth of the country’s population of about 125 million people.
Not only that, the Mexican foreign ministry has also submitted a “risk guarantee” document for 20.6 million US dollars, or the equivalent of another Rp 302 billion.
Also read: Is Covid-19 Vaccine Ready in January 2021?
WHO Director-General Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus revealed herd immunity is a concept used in vaccination in which the population can be protected from a particular virus when the vaccination threshold is reached.
“Letting a dangerous virus that we don’t fully understand roaming around is unethical. It’s not an option,” Tedros said as reported by Tedros. Al Jazeera, Monday (12/10/2020).
Tedros took an example, for measles, it is estimated that if 95 percent of the population has been vaccinated, the remaining 5 percent will be protected from spreading the virus.
For polio, he said, the threshold is 80 percent.
“Herd immunity achieved by protecting people from the virus, not by exposing the public to the virus, “he said.
Infographic: Nourological Symptoms in Covid-19 Patients